From: Jason737 on
I have a user who uses two computers at different times through out the day.
One has Outlook 2003 and the other 2007. Both are set up to use Cached
Exchange Mode accessing an Exchange 2003 server.. When the user views email
on one computer, then goes to the other computer and opens up Outlook, some
of the emails are not there and vice versa. My first thought was that there's
not a copy being left on the server. However, I do not see a setting for this
like you have on a pop3 setup for instance. I know that more detailed info
will probably be needed to get an answer here. Just let me know and I will
supply any additional details. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
From: catherized on

Jason737 wrote:
> I have a user who uses two computers at different times through out the
> day.
> One has Outlook 2003 and the other 2007. Both are set up to use Cached
> Exchange Mode accessing an Exchange 2003 server.. When the user views
> email
> on one computer, then goes to the other computer and opens up Outlook,
> some
> of the emails are not there and vice versa. My first thought was that
> there's
> not a copy being left on the server. However, I do not see a setting
> for this
> like you have on a pop3 setup for instance. I know that more detailed
> info
> will probably be needed to get an answer here. Just let me know and I
> will
> supply any additional details. Any help on this would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks

When you use Exchange, mail is always left on the server. If she
really has both computers comfigured in cached mode, log in using either
classic (non-cached) or using OWA and verify the messages are present on
the server. If they are, delete the ost files on each computer and let
outlook rebuild them. You could try clearing the download cache if you
want - right click on a folder with the missing messages and choose
properties, then clear the offline items.

catherized's Profile: 3
View this thread: http://www.outlookforums.com/showthread.php?t=45499

http://www.outlookforums.com

From: Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] on
One additional thing to remember is that Outlook 2003 and 2007 use a
different method for indexing the mailbox which could account for some of
the issue. Using a single version of Outlook with the mailbox would
probably clear up the issue after deleting both mailbox contents and
allowing Exchange to rebuild each one.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version!

From: Fuzzy Logic on
=?Utf-8?B?SmFzb243Mzc=?= <Jason737(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I have a user who uses two computers at different times through out the
> day. One has Outlook 2003 and the other 2007. Both are set up to use
> Cached Exchange Mode accessing an Exchange 2003 server.. When the user
> views email on one computer, then goes to the other computer and opens
> up Outlook, some of the emails are not there and vice versa. My first
> thought was that there's not a copy being left on the server. However, I
> do not see a setting for this like you have on a pop3 setup for
> instance. I know that more detailed info will probably be needed to get
> an answer here. Just let me know and I will supply any additional
> details. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Check if the messages are there in OWA. If they are then it's likely a corrupt local cache copy. Close Outlook on
the system that is not seeing the messages, delete/rename the OST file and restart Outlook. This will recreate
the local cached copy and the messages hopefully will be there.
From: Jason737 on