From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
I'm still here:
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=author:pabearmvp%40gmail.com&scoring=d

From: Greg Russell on
"Urlay Nook" <UrlayBurlay(a)TheNook.com> wrote in message

> I've noticed on this group (and on the XP group) that a lot of MVP's
replies
> no longer appear.

Thank God and Greyound they're gone.

From: milt on
On 8/13/2010 11:36 AM, Penn E. Loafer wrote:
> Yes, the MVPs and most of all the posters, new and old, have moved to the
> forums, since the MS NNTP newsgroups have been discontinued.

Lies, most people refuse to move to the crappy forums, along with the
MVPs. I, along with many others, won't go to the crappy forums.
From: Nancy Jackman on
"Microsoft has what they call an nntp Bridge
available to do this, but even better is the "Community Forums NNTP
bridge," which you get for free here:
<http://communitybridge.codeplex.com>

Why is it "even better"?

I'm doing fine with forums using the newsreader.

Thanks.

Nancy

"Ken Blake, MVP" wrote in message

Many of us have gone to the forums. But some of us are also still here
(at least for a while longer).

By the way, note that you *can* participate in the web-based forums
using your newsreader. Microsoft has what they call an nntp Bridge
available to do this, but even better is the "Community Forums NNTP
bridge," which you get for free here:
http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/

Using the bridge isn't perfect, but I use it since I find it much
better than participating directly via a web browser.

> Do I need to go to the forums to follow them.
> John
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 13:30:32 -1000, "Nancy Jackman"
<nanwjackman(a)beaufort.com> wrote:

> "Microsoft has what they call an nntp Bridge
> available to do this, but even better is the "Community Forums NNTP
> bridge," which you get for free here:
> <http://communitybridge.codeplex.com>
>
> Why is it "even better"?

Try it and see for yourself. It's free and you don't have to make any
real commitment to it.

As with many things, I recommend trying the alternatives (especially
when they are all free, as they are here) and deciding for yourself
which you like better.

I'm not trying to talk you into anything, just inviting you to try
both choices.