From: RobFJ on
I've got a laptop running Win7Pro.

If I access the network via ethernet cable I can see the three workstation
pc's on the network. (That's what I expect.)

If I access the same network via wireless I can see just one pc.

Internet access works fine from the laptop on either wireless or ethernet
connection.

All the pc's are in the same workgroup.

Two other pc's are running Win7; the other is running XP. There are no
problems on any other pc.

Can anyone help me get wireless connected to the missing pc's

Thanks

From: Lem on
RobFJ wrote:
> I've got a laptop running Win7Pro.
>
> If I access the network via ethernet cable I can see the three
> workstation pc's on the network. (That's what I expect.)
>
> If I access the same network via wireless I can see just one pc.
>
> Internet access works fine from the laptop on either wireless or
> ethernet connection.
>
> All the pc's are in the same workgroup.
>
> Two other pc's are running Win7; the other is running XP. There are no
> problems on any other pc.
>
> Can anyone help me get wireless connected to the missing pc's
>
> Thanks

Please supply answers when laptop is connected both wired and wireless:

1. Is laptop connected via "Homegroup" or "Workgroup"
2. What is the IP address of the laptop? (run ipconfig /all from
Command Prompt)

....and have to ask: when laptop is connected via wireless, are you
*sure* that the one PC you see is yours, i.e., are you sure that you are
connected to your own wireless network?

--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
From: RobFJ on
Laptop is connected via a workgroup (both).

ip address of the wireless connection is 192.168.0.8

ip address of the ethernet connection is 192.168.0.12

....and Yes the other pc is definitely mine - it's my desktop <G>

From: Lem on
The only other thing I can think of is a firewall setting. Make sure
that your wireless network connection isn't characterized as a "public
network." http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ee851569.aspx

From: RobFJ on
Hi Lem,

You were right <BG> - it was the firewall, not in windows but in my
anti-virus software.

If I switch it off, all the other pc's are there; if I switch it back on,
they disappear.

Now I just need to find out what to change in those settings - but that's
another forum

Thanks for your help.

Rob