From: Vince Xu [MSFT] on
Hi,

Did you resolve this issue? I didn't see your response for a time.

--
Sincerely,

Vince Xu

Microsoft Online Support

From: Trapulo on
On 12/02/2010 6.56, Vince Xu [MSFT] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Did you resolve this issue? I didn't see your response for a time.

No: it seems all ok either on the Web server, (all other sites running with
same settings) and on ther Web Site (running on an other similar serer).. :(

I cannot find what configuration has an error in ASP.NET environment,
according to the error message it reports.
From: Trapulo on

"Vince Xu [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Did you resolve this issue? I didn't see your response for a time.

I've found.
In fact I had an xml syntax error in my custom trust.config file. I didn't
notice that, because all webs that I run in 32 bit mode are classic asp and
not aspx. However there is a trouble with IIS admin that make difficult to
find this. If I swtich app pool to 32 bit, ASP.NET uses the config file under
\framework and not under \framework64 folder. But if I change trust mode to
full, as diagnostic test, the console will update the web.config file in the
64 bit folder (with a location tag), and my selection will not be used! The
32 bit aspnet Web will run with standard trust setting.

Now I've a last trouble: this Web site requires an OLEDB connection. I've
allowed it in my medium-custom trust config file, as described here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms998341.aspx#paght000020_oledbpermission

But running the site still have an error that reports that OLEDB is not
allowed ... :(
What can be?

thanks

From: Vince Xu [MSFT] on
Hi,

It looks still the permisstion of OLED. Could you please post the entire
information of the error you got?

--
Regards,
Vince

--------------------

From: Trapulo on
On 15/02/2010 9.22, Vince Xu [MSFT] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It looks still the permisstion of OLED. Could you please post the entire
> information of the error you got?

Security Exception
by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission
please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust
level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the
permission of type 'System.Data.OleDb.OleDbPermission, System.Data,
Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

It seems that OleDB is not permitted, but I'm sure the config file has
permission defined as I read in that page, and I'm sure that ASP.NET is
using that file (I tried to insert an XML error, and the page reported that
error).

thanks