From: Trapulo on
I have this error, calling every aspx file, when I switch the app pool from
64 to 32 bit.
I've tested the same web site on an other similar server, and I haven't any
error, so I think there is something wrong on the server config, but I can
understand what. I have many other web sites, 64 and 32 bit, and they run
without problem.
I've tried to switch to full trust the web site, but still the same.

someone can help me?
I'm running Win Server 2008 x64

thanks

System.ArgumentException: Invalid XML. Missing required tag <CodeGroup> for
type 'System.Security.Policy.PolicyLevel'

[ArgumentException: Invalid XML. Missing required tag <CodeGroup> for type
'System.Security.Policy.PolicyLevel'.]
System.Security.Policy.PolicyLevel.FromXml(SecurityElement e) +1350
System.Security.SecurityManager.LoadPolicyLevelFromStringHelper(String
str, String path, PolicyLevelType type) +207
System.Security.SecurityManager.LoadPolicyLevelFromString(String str,
PolicyLevelType type) +37
System.Web.HttpRuntime.CreatePolicyLevel(String configFile, String
appDir, String binDir, String strOriginUrl, Boolean& foundGacToken) +420
System.Web.HttpRuntime.SetTrustLevel(TrustSection trustSection,
SecurityPolicySection securityPolicySection) +8922526
System.Web.HttpRuntime.HostingInit(HostingEnvironmentFlags hostingFlags)
+186

[HttpException (0x80004005): Invalid XML. Missing required tag <CodeGroup>
for type 'System.Security.Policy.PolicyLevel'.]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +8894031
System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +85

System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest
wr, HttpContext context) +333

From: Alexey Smirnov on
On Feb 8, 1:27 pm, Trapulo <nonscrive...(a)nospam.nospam> wrote:
> I have this error, calling every aspx file, when I switch the app pool from
> 64 to 32 bit.
> I've tested the same web site on an other similar server, and I haven't any
> error, so I think there is something wrong on the server config, but I can
> understand what. I have many other web sites, 64 and 32 bit, and they run
> without problem.
> I've tried to switch to full trust the web site, but still the same.
>
> someone can help me?
> I'm running Win Server 2008 x64
>
> thanks
>
>  System.ArgumentException: Invalid XML. Missing required tag <CodeGroup> for
> type 'System.Security.Policy.PolicyLevel'
>
> [ArgumentException: Invalid XML. Missing required tag <CodeGroup> for type
> 'System.Security.Policy.PolicyLevel'.]
>    System.Security.Policy.PolicyLevel.FromXml(SecurityElement e) +1350
>    System.Security.SecurityManager.LoadPolicyLevelFromStringHelper(String
> str, String path, PolicyLevelType type) +207
>    System.Security.SecurityManager.LoadPolicyLevelFromString(String str,
> PolicyLevelType type) +37
>    System.Web.HttpRuntime.CreatePolicyLevel(String configFile, String
> appDir, String binDir, String strOriginUrl, Boolean& foundGacToken) +420
>    System.Web.HttpRuntime.SetTrustLevel(TrustSection trustSection,
> SecurityPolicySection securityPolicySection) +8922526
>    System.Web.HttpRuntime.HostingInit(HostingEnvironmentFlags hostingFlags)
> +186
>
> [HttpException (0x80004005): Invalid XML. Missing required tag <CodeGroup>
> for type 'System.Security.Policy.PolicyLevel'.]
>    System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +8894031
>    System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +85
>
> System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest
> wr, HttpContext context) +333

It sounds like it's an error with Code Access Security configuration
(CAS). CAS is used to protect application by restricting the resources
the application can access and the privileged operations it can
perform. For example, if you need to run a component with a full trust
(high privileges), then you need to add an entry in its security
configuration file (web.config, or other *.config) to grant full trust
to its assembly. If you don't know what all this about, then check if
other ASP.NET sites are working, it's either somethig wrong with your
application, or you did install something recently.
From: Trapulo on
On Feb 8, 2:18 pm, Alexey Smirnov <alexey.smir...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> It sounds like it's an error with Code Access Security configuration
> (CAS). CAS is used to protect application by restricting the resources
> the application can access and the privileged operations it can
> perform. For example, if you need to run a component with a full trust
> (high privileges), then you need to add an entry in its security
> configuration file (web.config, or other *.config) to grant full trust
> to its assembly. If you don't know what all this about, then check if
> other ASP.NET sites are working, it's either somethig wrong with your
> application, or you did install something recently.

Yes, I know CAS. This web site however is really "stupid": just some
aspx pages. No bin, no dll compiled, and I've the error just calling
an aspx page without code inside. This web site only I've a lot of
other Webs (in x64 and x86 threads) on same server and are all running
(with "real" aspx applications).

I've tried without web.config, with full trust, but still nothing. And
if I switch to 64bit, asp.net starts.

Thanks
From: Trapulo on

"Alexey Smirnov" wrote:

> It sounds like it's an error with Code Access Security configuration
> (CAS). CAS is used to protect application by restricting the resources
> the application can access and the privileged operations it can
> perform. For example, if you need to run a component with a full trust
> (high privileges), then you need to add an entry in its security
> configuration file (web.config, or other *.config) to grant full trust
> to its assembly. If you don't know what all this about, then check if
> other ASP.NET sites are working, it's either somethig wrong with your
> application, or you did install something recently.
> .

Yes, I know CAS. However this is just a "stupid" web sites, with some aspx
an not other. No dll, no bin, etc. I've tried a full trust with a simple page
aspx without code (and without web.config), and still this error.
I've a lot of other Webs on this server, with x64 or x86 threads, and all
they are working well.

Is there any way to know whitch is the file where it finds this "error"?

thanks

From: Alexey Smirnov on
On 8 Feb., 17:17, Trapulo <nonscrive...(a)nospam.nospam> wrote:
> "Alexey Smirnov" wrote:
> > It sounds like it's an error with Code Access Security configuration
> > (CAS). CAS is used to protect application by restricting the resources
> > the application can access and the privileged operations it can
> > perform. For example, if you need to run a component with a full trust
> > (high privileges), then you need to add an entry in its security
> > configuration file (web.config, or other *.config) to grant full trust
> > to its assembly. If you don't know what all this about, then check if
> > other ASP.NET sites are working, it's either somethig wrong with your
> > application, or you did install something recently.
> > .
>
> Yes, I know CAS. However this is just a "stupid" web sites, with some aspx
> an not other. No dll, no bin, etc. I've tried a full trust with a simple page
> aspx without code (and without web.config), and still this error.
> I've a lot of other Webs on this server, with x64 or x86 threads, and all
> they are working well.
>
> Is there any way to know whitch is the file where it finds this "error"?
>
> thanks

Check if asp.net has been correctly registered for this website. Try
aspnet_regiis or similar