From: tatyana on

Hi Everyone
I have been using a 60 gig harddrive as my primary with an XP OS on the
ntfs file system. I also installed XP on my 15 gig HD onthe FAT32 file
system. Ever since i got my 25 gig drive to run, now i can't load my 60
gig HD with the NTFS file system. My error message when i try to run my
HD is 'Missing or corrupt system32\drivers\ntfs.sys' Any advice or
ideas on how to get my 60 gig drive would be appreciated! Thanks.

_________________
'Austin apartment finder' (http://www.austinapartmentsnow.com) 'womens
perfume' (http://www.perfumecenter.com)

--
tatyana
From: Jesco Lincke on
tatyana schrieb:
> Hi Everyone
> I have been using a 60 gig harddrive as my primary with an XP OS on the
> ntfs file system. I also installed XP on my 15 gig HD onthe FAT32 file
> system. Ever since i got my 25 gig drive to run, now i can't load my 60
> gig HD with the NTFS file system. My error message when i try to run my
> HD is 'Missing or corrupt system32\drivers\ntfs.sys' Any advice or
> ideas on how to get my 60 gig drive would be appreciated! Thanks.
>
> _________________
> 'Austin apartment finder' (http://www.austinapartmentsnow.com) 'womens
> perfume' (http://www.perfumecenter.com)

Taken from http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B822800&x=9&y=12

RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem, replace the missing or corrupted Ntfs.sys file:
1. Use the Windows XP startup disks or the Windows XP CD to restart your
computer.
2. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to select the To
repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R option.
3. Type the number of the Windows installation that you want to access
from the Recovery Console, and then press ENTER.
4. Type the administrator password when you are prompted, and then press
ENTER. If no administrator password exists, just press ENTER.
5. At the command prompt, type the following commands (press ENTER after
each command):
cd \windows\system32\drivers

ren ntfs.sys ntfs.old
Note This step renames the corrupted Ntfs.sys file to Ntfs.old. If the
Ntfs.sys file is not found, the file is missing.
6. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
copy cd:\i386\ntfs.sys drive:\windows\system32\drivers
Where cd is the drive letter for the CD-ROM drive that contains the
Windows XP CD, and drive is the drive where you installed Windows XP.
7. Remove the Windows XP CD from your CD-ROM drive, type quit at a
command prompt, and then press ENTER to quit the Recovery Console.
8. Restart the computer.