From: ladybug on
My trusted Mitsubishi cs-2710ra died, it displays thin horizontal bar
on the middle of the screen. I can see picture elements in the bar .
I'm debating if it makes sense to fix it or just trash it. I'll attemt
to fix it first by myself but I need help to troubleshoot it. Please
help me to troubleshoot it or give me suggestions what to look for.

Thanks!

From: longman on

ladybug wrote:
> My trusted Mitsubishi cs-2710ra died, it displays thin horizontal bar
> on the middle of the screen. I can see picture elements in the bar .
> I'm debating if it makes sense to fix it or just trash it. I'll attemt
> to fix it first by myself but I need help to troubleshoot it. Please
> help me to troubleshoot it or give me suggestions what to look for.
>
> Thanks!

Check the electrolytic capacitors on the board that the yoke coil plugs
into. Most of the time that is the problem. You may need to replace
more than one.

From: ladybug on

longman wrote:
> ladybug wrote:
> > My trusted Mitsubishi cs-2710ra died, it displays thin horizontal bar
> > on the middle of the screen. I can see picture elements in the bar .
> > I'm debating if it makes sense to fix it or just trash it. I'll attemt
> > to fix it first by myself but I need help to troubleshoot it. Please
> > help me to troubleshoot it or give me suggestions what to look for.
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> Check the electrolytic capacitors on the board that the yoke coil plugs
> into. Most of the time that is the problem. You may need to replace
> more than one.

Do I need to unsolder caps for checking? How can I see if cap is bad
with multimeter? If you can get a hold of schematics can you tell me
which caps to check?

From: rb on

It's best to use a ESR meter for finding bad caps

From: Leonard Caillouet on

"rb" <123(a)Ishotmr.lee> wrote in message

> It's best to use a ESR meter for finding bad caps

Actually an ESR meter will not identify all or even most of the bad caps in
this set. Some will have high esr, most will be physically leaking
electrolyte, and some will be low in capacitance. This problem may be
caused by leaky caps at the vertical output IC and/or in the 12V supply.
Ther will be at least a dozen more that need to be replaced or more problems
will be occurring soon. The circuit traces that are corroded from the
electrolyte leakage will need to be repaired and all of the residue from the
caps will need to be washed from the board. We fix these all the time and
they are a "pay me now or pay me more later deal." We don't even touch tem
if the client does not want to pay to have all the bad or failing caps
changed. Just fixing the vertical circuit is a sure way to get a recall in
a few weeks or months with an unhappy client.

Leonard

It has removed 2046 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!