From: TurboTom on
Thanks to those who helped me get OMA functioning. Once it worked I thought I
was moments away from getting activesync to function. Of course, I'm probably
lightyears away.
I opened the ports on my firewall that activesync use (990, 999, 5721, 5678,
5679, and 26675.)
The PDA is running windows mobile 4.21 and I set the server in activesync to
our.web.address and I've also tried attaching
..../microsoft-server-activesync/ to it.
I don't have a certificate installed and have SSL turned off. I just want to
get it functioning before I worry about security.
I've installed sp2 on SBS 2003 and installed the Mobile Admin.
I've been fiddling with the OMA and Microsoft-Server-Activesync virtual
directory security settings, but I've had no luck. I've left all the other
settings as-is assuming they are correct.
The PDA just continually spits "internet_405" back at me. The one error
message I can't find any documentation on.

Thanks for everyone's time. I hope this message isn't too rambly; I'm quite
sick and my brain isn't fuctioning normally.
From: Mark Arnold [MVP] on
On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 11:45:41 -0800, TurboTom
<TurboTom(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thanks to those who helped me get OMA functioning. Once it worked I thought I
>was moments away from getting activesync to function. Of course, I'm probably
>lightyears away.
>I opened the ports on my firewall that activesync use (990, 999, 5721, 5678,
>5679, and 26675.)

OK, activesync needs 443 and only 443 opening.

>The PDA is running windows mobile 4.21 and I set the server in activesync to
>our.web.address and I've also tried attaching
>.../microsoft-server-activesync/ to it.
>I don't have a certificate installed and have SSL turned off. I just want to
>get it functioning before I worry about security.
>I've installed sp2 on SBS 2003 and installed the Mobile Admin.
>I've been fiddling with the OMA and Microsoft-Server-Activesync virtual
>directory security settings, but I've had no luck. I've left all the other
>settings as-is assuming they are correct.
>The PDA just continually spits "internet_405" back at me. The one error
>message I can't find any documentation on.
>
>Thanks for everyone's time. I hope this message isn't too rambly; I'm quite
>sick and my brain isn't fuctioning normally.

Put this down until you've had a rest and come back to it safe and
well. Reset the whole thing back to what it was because you shouldn't
need to do anything other than open 443 and sync.

From: Nick Gillott [MVP] on
You can activesync over 80 as well although for really obvious security
reasons you don't want to do that!

From: TurboTom on
Thanks for the help...
I reset all the settings using the metabase explorer and restarting the
system attendant.
It sets OMA's and Activesync's IP adress and domain restrictions to 2
intranet adresses that I have no idea what they have to do with anything. I
can't access OMA from the internet with the IP restrictions. However, even
when I turn it off, using a valid username and password I get rejected.
Activesync still gives me the internet_405.

After reseting the settings the eventviewer has been giving me this:

Metabase Update failed replication 5 times with error 80070003 (The system
cannot find the path specified.). Please change the diagnostic logging level
of MSExchangeMU to 'minimum' or greater to find the source of the problem.

Again, thanks for your time!

I'll probably take a long night's sleep then get back to work on this.

From: TurboTom on
One more thing...
Will running the E-mail setup wizard mess up the mailboxes already in place?

Thanks,
Tom