From: Gaspar on
When I try to enable message tracking I get the following error:

Acces denied.
Facility: LDAP Provider
ID no: 80070005
Microsoft Exchange Management.

I have only one Exchange 2003 Server with SP2 installed. I googled to find
answers and I reapplied SP2 but the error persists.
I'm executing the Exchange System Manager locally in the server with an
administrator account.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

From: jamestechman on
Try setting this in ADSI Edit.

Open ADSIEDIT, expand to CN=EXCHANGE,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative

Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=,CN=Microsoft
Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=,DC=com

messageTrackingEnaqbled to true
msExchTrkLogCleaningInterval to 90

http://www.thennews.com/a/n49/Message%20Tracking%20Access%20Denied.php

I> Acces denied.
> Facility: LDAP Provider
> ID no: 80070005
> Microsoft Exchange Management.

James Chong

From: Gaspar on
I've never used ADSIEDIT before, and I can't find CN=EXCHANGE.
It connects to the domain controller server and lists
- Domain [xxxx]
- CN=Builtin
- CN=computers
- Configuration [xxxx]
- Schema [xxxx]

Thanks!

<jamestechman(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Try setting this in ADSI Edit.
>
> Open ADSIEDIT, expand to CN=EXCHANGE,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative
>
> Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=,CN=Microsoft
> Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=,DC=com
>
> messageTrackingEnaqbled to true
> msExchTrkLogCleaningInterval to 90
>
> http://www.thennews.com/a/n49/Message%20Tracking%20Access%20Denied.php
>
> I> Acces denied.
>> Facility: LDAP Provider
>> ID no: 80070005
>> Microsoft Exchange Management.
>>

> James Chong
>

>> I have only one Exchange 2003 Server with SP2 installed. I googled to
>> find
>> answers and I reapplied SP2 but the error persists.
>> I'm executing the Exchange System Manager locally in the server with an
>> administrator account.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>> Thanks.

Pages: 1