From: Buzby on
I am looking for a similar solution.

The problem with the solution mentioned below is it does not scale.

Ideal solution would be
Step 1: User runs into issue that requires local admin access
Step 2: User contacts support with valid reason for admin access
Step 3: Support provides a temporary "key" to allow for admin level access
for x amount of time
Step 4: User enters key, gets access
Step 5: Access goes away after X amoutn of time

Any ideas????

- Chris

From: Shenan Stanley on
Buzby wrote:
> I am looking for a similar solution.
>
> The problem with the solution mentioned below is it does not scale.
>
> Ideal solution would be
> Step 1: User runs into issue that requires local admin access
> Step 2: User contacts support with valid reason for admin access
> Step 3: Support provides a temporary "key" to allow for admin level
> access for x amount of time
> Step 4: User enters key, gets access
> Step 5: Access goes away after X amoutn of time
>
> Any ideas????

MakeMeAdmin modification?

Truthfully though - I wouldn't make a user administrator without true admin
supervision - so remote interaction has been my solution - with me or
co-workers doing the request.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP