From: Davoud on
When I launch iCal a dialogue box pops up and I am asked if I want to
"upgrade to the new MobileMe Calendar." I am assured that if I click
the "Upgrade..." button I will "learn more about the new MobileMe
Calendar" and be able to upgrade.

Sure, why not?

Clicking "Upgrade..." simply takes me to my calendar at me.com. There
is no information on an upgrade, and nothing seems different.

Each time I launch iCal I go through the same cycle.

Thoughts? TIA.

Davoud

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
From: TaliesinSoft on
On 2010-07-30 08:09:58 -0500, Davoud said:

> When I launch iCal a dialogue box pops up and I am asked if I want to
> "upgrade to the new MobileMe Calendar." I am assured that if I click
> the "Upgrade..." button I will "learn more about the new MobileMe
> Calendar" and be able to upgrade.
> Sure, why not?
> Clicking "Upgrade..." simply takes me to my calendar at me.com. There
> is no information on an upgrade, and nothing seems different.
> Each time I launch iCal I go through the same cycle.
> Thoughts? TIA.
> Davoud

You might take a look at
<http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4037?viewlocale=en_US> which gives a
description of the new features of the MobileMe calendar. I've noticed
since doing the upgrade to the beta that when I open iCal I can opt to
see items either as they are on my MobileMe calendar or on my local
iCal calendar. I've opted to turn off those on my local iCal calendar
so that I don't have duplicate entries appearing.

--
James Leo Ryan - Austin, Texas

From: Davoud on
Davoud:
> > When I launch iCal a dialogue box pops up and I am asked if I want to
> > "upgrade to the new MobileMe Calendar." I am assured that if I click
> > the "Upgrade..." button I will "learn more about the new MobileMe
> > Calendar" and be able to upgrade.
> > Sure, why not?
> > Clicking "Upgrade..." simply takes me to my calendar at me.com. There
> > is no information on an upgrade, and nothing seems different.
> > Each time I launch iCal I go through the same cycle.
> > Thoughts? TIA.
> > Davoud

TaliesinSoft:
> You might take a look at
> <http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4037?viewlocale=en_US> which gives a
> description of the new features of the MobileMe calendar. I've noticed
> since doing the upgrade to the beta that when I open iCal I can opt to
> see items either as they are on my MobileMe calendar or on my local
> iCal calendar. I've opted to turn off those on my local iCal calendar
> so that I don't have duplicate entries appearing.

Thanks, but that not applicable to me because I'm stuck in the
do-you-want-to-upgrade loop and, as I noted, saying "Yes" does nothing.
I am not taken to an information page and I am not offered a click here
to upgrade, or whatever the process requires. I am simply taken to
me.com, where my calendar looks and acts as it always did. This is true
on all five of the Macs that are currently in use here.

Next stop: apple.com/support.

From: Lloyd Parsons on

I'm not seeing that at all. But I noticed when I looked at me.com
calendar, there is a selection for requesting an invite to the calendar
beta. Did you somehow ask for that?

--
Lloyd