From: A.P. Palling on

Lucky me.
I am in possesion of a model HP 40gs, and the handbook.
I could buy it for $75 US Dollars.
I've looked it over and found nothing wrong with its construction,
(I really like the slide-cover), and it seems to perform even
more functions than I would have imagined. The CAS mode and
all the partitions for organizing data types seem well planned.

Now, I'm sometimes un-intuitive, so I need the occasional hint.
The manual steps through many operations, but does not offer
explainations of certain common (could I state basic?) resources
to handle information such as;

Store, Recall, Cut, Copy , and Paste (or their like).

For example, I can make a "happy system" in the solver applet,
but I am stuck when trying to transfer this to the plot utility,
or, if I construct an expression in the CAS and eq editor, I fail
to find any way to "ship" the expression to the home line, plot,
or visa-versa, or anywhere else.

Just how would I move information between CAS, numeric, plot, notes,
and Applet ?

I would appreciate any clues about these, if anyone knows the 40gs.

From: A.P. Palling on
"A.P. Palling" <Ono_Snoino(a)ono.ono> wrote in

> Lucky me.
> I am in possesion of a model HP 40gs, and the handbook.
> I could buy it for $75 US Dollars.
> I've looked it over and found nothing wrong with its construction,
> (I really like the slide-cover), and it seems to perform even
> more functions than I would have imagined. The CAS mode and
> all the partitions for organizing data types seem well planned.
>
> Now, I'm sometimes un-intuitive, so I need the occasional hint.
> The manual steps through many operations, but does not offer
> explainations of certain common (could I state basic?) resources
> to handle information such as;
>
> Store, Recall, Cut, Copy , and Paste (or their like).
>

> For example, I can make a "happy system" in the solver applet,
> but I am stuck when trying to transfer this to the plot utility,
> or, if I construct an expression in the CAS and eq editor, I fail
> to find any way to "ship" the expression to the home line, plot,
> or visa-versa, or anywhere else.
>

> Just how would I move information between CAS, numeric, plot,
> notes, and Applet ?
>
> I would appreciate any clues about these, if anyone knows the
> 40gs.

I declined HP, and I put down a hundred and so for a TI89.
Seems very solid. Cut, copy, paste, store and recall are on keys.
Has a psuedo BASIC to program, and a fairly concise manual.

I couldn't find nth-roots until I found the "diamond key".
The keys rock in any direction and are very light to the touch.

It's much (much!) faster than my 48. I'm going to install EQN.

It will do, I guess.

'bye..

From: Han on
On Apr 6, 10:41 am, "A.P. Palling" <Ono_Sno...(a)ono.ono> wrote:
> "A.P. Palling" <Ono_Sno...(a)ono.ono> wrote innews:4bb76651$0$1514$c3e8da3(a)news.astraweb.com:
>

> > Lucky me.
> > I am in possesion of a model HP 40gs, and the handbook.
> > I could buy it for $75 US Dollars.
> > I've looked it over and found nothing wrong with its construction,
> > (I really like the slide-cover), and it seems to perform even
> > more functions than I would have imagined. The CAS mode and
> > all the partitions for organizing data types seem well planned.
>
> > Now, I'm sometimes un-intuitive, so I need the occasional hint.
> > The manual steps through many operations, but does not offer
> > explainations of certain common (could I state basic?) resources
> > to handle information such as;
>
> > Store, Recall, Cut, Copy , and Paste (or their like).
>
> > For example, I can make a "happy system" in the solver applet,
> > but I am stuck when trying to transfer this to the plot utility,
> > or, if I construct an expression in the CAS and eq editor, I fail
> > to find any way to "ship" the expression to the home line, plot,
> > or visa-versa, or anywhere else.
>
> > Just how would I move information between CAS, numeric, plot,
> > notes, and Applet ?
>
> > I would appreciate any clues about these, if anyone knows the
> > 40gs.
>
> I declined HP, and I put down a hundred and so for a TI89.
> Seems very solid. Cut, copy, paste, store and recall are on keys.
> Has a psuedo BASIC to program, and a fairly concise manual.
>
> I couldn't find nth-roots until I found the "diamond key".
> The keys rock in any direction and are very light to the touch.
>
> It's much (much!) faster than my 48. I'm going to install EQN.
>
> It will do, I guess.
>
> 'bye..

Hehe... comparing against the HP48 hardly makes for a good comparison.

Pages: 1
Prev: Where can I buy a Hp50?
Next: large data sets