From: Christoph Koehler on
Hi,

Any idea how to enter largish data sets for statistics on a HP 50?
Seems impractical on the calculator.
At a minimum, is there an easy way to enter frequency data manually?
Say:

value | freq
60 | 3
61 | 20
62 | 12

etc.

It's not difficult data, but I'd rather tell it to enter '61' 20 times
automatically, than write 61 20 times.

Thanks!

Christoph
From: Han on
On Apr 3, 5:20 pm, Christoph Koehler <christoph.koeh...(a)gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Any idea how to enter largish data sets for statistics on a HP 50?
> Seems impractical on the calculator.
> At a minimum, is there an easy way to enter frequency data manually?
> Say:
>
> value | freq
> 60 | 3
> 61 | 20
> 62 | 12
>
> etc.
>
> It's not difficult data, but I'd rather tell it to enter '61' 20 times
> automatically, than write 61 20 times.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Christoph

Sure. This is best done using RPN input mode. Type:

61 20 NDUPN

From: Han on
On Apr 3, 6:24 pm, Han <handuongs...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 3, 5:20 pm, Christoph Koehler <christoph.koeh...(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
>
> > Any idea how to enter largish data sets for statistics on a HP 50?
> > Seems impractical on the calculator.
> > At a minimum, is there an easy way to enter frequency data manually?
> > Say:
>
> > value | freq
> > 60 | 3
> > 61 | 20
> > 62 | 12
>
> > etc.
>
> > It's not difficult data, but I'd rather tell it to enter '61' 20 times
> > automatically, than write 61 20 times.
>
> > Thanks!
>
> > Christoph
>
> Sure. This is best done using RPN input mode. Type:
>
> 61 20 NDUPN

To clarify, start the matrix editor. Make sure to select GO(down) mode
(press F6 key). Then type: 61 20 NDUPN; this will leave an extra 20 so
keep note of that.
From: Christoph Koehler on
On Apr 3, 5:25 pm, Han <handuongs...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > Sure. This is best done using RPN input mode. Type:
>
> > 61 20 NDUPN
>
> To clarify, start the matrix editor. Make sure to select GO(down) mode
> (press F6 key). Then type: 61 20 NDUPN; this will leave an extra 20 so
> keep note of that.

Nice, thanks!