From: Ed on
Am running windows 98SE.

Looking for compatible high speed modem/router. Any suggestions?

Ed
From: Auric__ on
On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 12:44:47 GMT, Ed wrote:

> Am running windows 98SE.
>
> Looking for compatible high speed modem/router. Any suggestions?

Best bet would be to get the kind that works via ethernet, a.k.a. a normal
"high speed modem". Those can be used on literally any computer with a
network adapter. (Connecting via USB or whatever is non-standard.)

--
Always nice to give someone their own personal mushroom cloud.
From: Ed on
On 23/02/10 13:26, Auric__ wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 12:44:47 GMT, Ed wrote:
>
>> Am running windows 98SE.
>>
>> Looking for compatible high speed modem/router. Any suggestions?
>
> Best bet would be to get the kind that works via ethernet, a.k.a. a normal
> "high speed modem". Those can be used on literally any computer with a
> network adapter. (Connecting via USB or whatever is non-standard.)

Can you give me example? My PC does not have ethernet..

From: Auric__ on
On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:31:19 GMT, Ed wrote:

> On 23/02/10 13:26, Auric__ wrote:
>> On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 12:44:47 GMT, Ed wrote:
>>
>>> Am running windows 98SE.
>>>
>>> Looking for compatible high speed modem/router. Any suggestions?
>>
>> Best bet would be to get the kind that works via ethernet, a.k.a. a
>> normal "high speed modem". Those can be used on literally any computer
>> with a network adapter. (Connecting via USB or whatever is
>> non-standard.)
>
> Can you give me example? My PC does not have ethernet..

Ethernet is modern standard wired computer networking:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet

If you don't already have one, buy a network card (NIC). Should be able to
find one for less than US$20. (Adjust to your local currency. Looks like
you're in England, so call it �13 for a cheap one.) If you're coughing up the
cash for a router, then surely you can add a bit more for a NIC. Try your
local computer parts store, or wherever you get the router at. (Don't forget
a cable to connect the router to the NIC; should be about US$5 or roughly
�3.25 for a cheap, short one.)

--
Keep up this evil, and we're deservedly DOOMED.
From: Sjouke Burry on
Ed wrote:
> On 23/02/10 13:26, Auric__ wrote:
>> On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 12:44:47 GMT, Ed wrote:
>>
>>> Am running windows 98SE.
>>>
>>> Looking for compatible high speed modem/router. Any suggestions?
>> Best bet would be to get the kind that works via ethernet, a.k.a. a normal
>> "high speed modem". Those can be used on literally any computer with a
>> network adapter. (Connecting via USB or whatever is non-standard.)
>>

> Can you give me example? My PC does not have ethernet..

Try to get an old card, the newest ones might not run on win98se.
The 3com series of cards had all the drivers for dos, win95 and win98.
Also win98 might already have the drivers for them.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: won`t boot
Next: Internet Explorer