From: Lisa on
Hi

Please help.
My windows 98 won`t boot anymore.

All help appreciated.
From: F8BOE on
Lisa wrote:

> Hi
>
> Please help.
> My windows 98 won`t boot anymore.
>
> All help appreciated.

Hello,

Hmmm... Let me guess...
Is the power cord pluged in?
--

Ciao @+

Sony GR-215MP powered by Mandriva-Linux 2010.0
From: Mary on

"Lisa" <lisa_1961(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Please help.
> My windows 98 won`t boot anymore.
>
> All help appreciated.

Lisa, no power can mean the power supply or hard drive are not working or it
can mean something else. I would try to eliminate possible causes one by
one. I would try the power supply first. I keep a cheap power supply on
hand. Its come in handy in the last 20 years. If you are not familiar with
the inside of computers, you would have to ask someone who does know to
check it out for you, or take it to a computer shop but they can sometimes
be expensive. Good luck.

Mary

From: Lisa on

"F8BOE" <f8boe(a)bluemail.ch> wrote in message
> Lisa wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Please help.
>> My windows 98 won`t boot anymore.
>>
>> All help appreciated.
>
> Hello,
>
> Hmmm... Let me guess...
> Is the power cord pluged in?
> --

Yes

Is yours?

From: Lisa on

"Mary" <non(a)invalid.swl> wrote in message

> "Lisa" <lisa_1961(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> Please help.
>> My windows 98 won`t boot anymore.
>>
>> All help appreciated.
>
> Lisa, no power can mean the power supply or hard drive are not working or
> it can mean something else. I would try to eliminate possible causes one
> by one. I would try the power supply first. I keep a cheap power supply on
> hand. Its come in handy in the last 20 years. If you are not familiar with
> the inside of computers, you would have to ask someone who does know to
> check it out for you, or take it to a computer shop but they can sometimes
> be expensive. Good luck.
>
> Mary

Thanks Mary

I`ll try to do it myself, as money
is limited, and the trolls in this group
are over-whelmingly with their
self-indulgent attitudes !

I`ll try to do it myself
when my children are asleep