From: Eddie on
Hi all,,

Some might recall, others might not, but this post is regarding my 'dun'
crapping out if not used for anywhere under 30mins.

Have been away from computer for a while, and I forgot I still had the
problem.

98se
amd 1.33G
modem: external v90 currently set with a 'string' at 44,000bps,, of
which has always been fine.

All settings under Control Panel relating to modem are as they should
be, the same with settings under Device Manager.
Solutions I tried are:
1)setting the time to the limit of my isp
2)causing all radio boxes to go to null, ie, all greyed out, so that I
could check any change in problem.
3)re-installing drivers.
4)looked at modem logs...(anyone here speak da double-dutch?)
5)isp confirmed on three occasions now that the drop-outs are not from
their end.
6)been to forums and google and... and recently here.

Any help...

Ed
From: Fred on
Eddie wrote:
> Hi all,,
>
> Some might recall, others might not, but this post is regarding my 'dun'
> crapping out if not used for anywhere under 30mins.
>
> Have been away from computer for a while, and I forgot I still had the
> problem.
>
> 98se
> amd 1.33G
> modem: external v90 currently set with a 'string' at 44,000bps,, of
> which has always been fine.
>
> All settings under Control Panel relating to modem are as they should
> be, the same with settings under Device Manager.
> Solutions I tried are:
> 1)setting the time to the limit of my isp
> 2)causing all radio boxes to go to null, ie, all greyed out, so that I
> could check any change in problem.
> 3)re-installing drivers.
> 4)looked at modem logs...(anyone here speak da double-dutch?)
> 5)isp confirmed on three occasions now that the drop-outs are not from
> their end.
> 6)been to forums and google and... and recently here.
>
> Any help...
>
> Ed

Could be heat related. Does the modem sit in a cool location?