From: Pete Dashwood on
As noted in response to Charlie and Alistair, I needed to make a statement
of what I really think about COBOL. Everyone seems to assume I am against
it, but it is really more complex than that.

I think there are a few years in COBOL yet, but I don't think it has a long
term future.

Certainly, procedural COBOL (apart from batch processing) I can't see a
place for. OO COBOL is good, and useful for moving into the world of objects
and layers, but it has now been overtaken by other OO languages which are
simply better.

Anyway, I have put together a Web Site for the Company and it has a more
definitive statement of what I think about COBOL in this century.

PRIMA will always have some affinity for COBOL as long as I am running it,
and I want the Company to be known to people involved with COBOL.

Please let me know if you find stuff that doesn't work on the site, and I'll
happily discuss any of the content publicly in this forum.

http://primacomputing.co.nz/PRIMAWebSite

Pete.