From: PlingPHB on
I've modified the Sales Invoice Header table (112) to include a number of new
fields, which are transfered from the Sales Header table (36) when the Sale
is posted. I need to be able to update these new fields after the Sale has
been posted - however trying to do so gives "You do not have permission to
modify records in the Sales Invoice Header table." error.

I only want to modify the fields I've added to the table, not the existing
ones. I've looked at the Sales Inv.-Printed codeunit (315) but I can find no
way to use it's permissions on another codeunit to enable editing - I still
get the same error.

Can someone suggest where I might be going wrong? I'll admit my
understanding of Navision's use of Permissions isn't my strong point!

Thanks,
--
!PHB
From: Savatage on
If you look at codeunit 391 Shipment Header - Edit

SalesInvoiceHeaderEdit <- On this trigger you need to add
SalesInvoiceHeader2."YourField" := SalesInvoiceHeader."YourField";

Enjoy

From: Savatage on
Note you need a developers License to do this - So if you don't have one -
you will have to contact your NSC.

It's one line of code for every field so it's a pretty easy quick fix.
From: Marlin Parisien[MSFT] on
Hello PHB.
I understand that you're receiving the error "You do not have permission
to modify records in the Sales Invoice Header table." after you modified
the Sales Invoice Header table. Is this correct?

I will have to look into this and get back to you with my findings. I see
that savatage99 has responded and poses a good point to make sure that
you're using the developers license to do this.

As mentioned I will update you with my findings.

I hope this is helpful and we look forward to hearing from you!

Have a great evening!

Regards,

Marlin Parisien
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

from your issue.

From: marcin on
Hi,
Go to table and/or form properties and check Permissions. Add your
table.

Bye,
Marcin