From: Rice on
Hallo,

I have just created a driver for a DDR2 working with a Virtex 5 FX30T. I
want to add this driver to a bigger project but I do not know very well how
to modify the constrains file in order to make it work.

I have made some hierarchy modifications to the file but I do not really
get what should I modify... I have tried all I could see coherent.

The error message is the following:

ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
"u_ddr2_infrastructure/dcm_clk0"
ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
"u_ddr2_infrastructure/dcm_clk90"
ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
"u_ddr2_infrastructure/dcm_clkdiv0"
ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
"u_ddr2_infrastructure/dcm_clk0"
ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
"u_ddr2_infrastructure/dcm_clk90"
ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
"u_ddr2_infrastructure/dcm_clkdiv0"
ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
"u_ddr2_infrastructure/clk200_ibufg"
ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET "phy_init_done"

ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET "phy_init_done"

ERROR:NgdBuild:604 - logical block 'benchy/persistentdff_inst' with type

after some slight modifications the errors are:

ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
"u_ddr2_infrastructure/dcm_clk0"
ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
"u_ddr2_infrastructure/dcm_clk90"
ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
"u_ddr2_infrastructure/dcm_clkdiv0"
ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
"u_ddr2_infrastructure/dcm_clk0"
ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
"u_ddr2_infrastructure/dcm_clk90"
ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
"u_ddr2_infrastructure/dcm_clkdiv0"
ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
"u_ddr2_infrastructure/clk200_ibufg"

Also I get this message in relation with a test bench I have made in System
Generator and then added to the project:

ERROR:NgdBuild:604 - logical block 'benchy/persistentdff_inst' with type7

The UCF file can be seen in:
http://forums.xilinx.com/xlnx/attachments/xlnx/SYNTHBD/2481/1/ddr2_sdram.ucf

I am pretty newby in this so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance :)
Rice.

---------------------------------------
Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com
From: Gabor on
On Aug 2, 8:09 am, "Rice" <albertopv(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I have just created a driver for a DDR2 working with a Virtex 5 FX30T. I
> want to add this driver to a bigger project but I do not know very well how
> to modify the constrains file in order to make it work.
>
> I have made some hierarchy modifications to the file but I do not really
> get what should I modify... I have tried all I could see coherent.
>
> The error message is the following:
>
> ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
> "u_ddr2_infrastructure/dcm_clk0"
> ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
> "u_ddr2_infrastructure/dcm_clk90"
> ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
> "u_ddr2_infrastructure/dcm_clkdiv0"
> ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
> "u_ddr2_infrastructure/dcm_clk0"
> ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
> "u_ddr2_infrastructure/dcm_clk90"
> ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
> "u_ddr2_infrastructure/dcm_clkdiv0"
> ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
> ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
> "u_ddr2_infrastructure/clk200_ibufg"
> ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET  "phy_init_done"
>
> ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET  "phy_init_done"
>
> ERROR:NgdBuild:604 - logical block 'benchy/persistentdff_inst' with type
>
> after some slight modifications the errors are:
>
> ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
> "u_ddr2_infrastructure/dcm_clk0"
> ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
> "u_ddr2_infrastructure/dcm_clk90"
> ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
> "u_ddr2_infrastructure/dcm_clkdiv0"
> ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
> "u_ddr2_infrastructure/dcm_clk0"
> ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
> "u_ddr2_infrastructure/dcm_clk90"
> ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
> "u_ddr2_infrastructure/dcm_clkdiv0"
> ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
> ERROR:ConstraintSystem:59 - Constraint <NET
> "u_ddr2_infrastructure/clk200_ibufg"
>
> Also I get this message in relation with a test bench I have made in System
> Generator and then added to the project:
>
> ERROR:NgdBuild:604 - logical block 'benchy/persistentdff_inst' with type7
>
> The UCF file can be seen in:http://forums.xilinx.com/xlnx/attachments/xlnx/SYNTHBD/2481/1/ddr2_sd...
>
> I am pretty newby in this so any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you very much in advance :)
>   Rice.
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Posted throughhttp://www.FPGARelated.com

First of all you're only posting the first line of each error
message. I
assume you clipped these from the errors tab in ISE. To see the
whole message you need to view the translation report file.

Second, I expect your problem lies with the hierarchy. If you
only have one of these MIG controllers in your system the easy
way to fix the .ucf file is to add a wildcard in front of each
instance name like:

NET "*/u_ddr2_infrastructure/dcm_clk0" . . .

It is also possible that you didn't use the same name to
instantate the infrastructure module if you didn't start by
clipping the code from the example design. So in this
case you might need to remove the u_ddr2_infrastructure
part of the name and replace it with you instance name.

HTH,
Gabor
From: Rice on
hallo,

the constrain related to clk200_ibufg was solved with a modification to the
hierarchy in the UCF.

The problems related to the dcm were solved just with a Cleanup Project
Files. There was no mention to any constrain of them in the UCF so I guess
it is a problem related to importing the testbench from System Generator

Thank you very much for your time :-D

Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com