From: ArbolOne on
Hello kids!
I am ondering if someone here knows of a place on the Internet where I
can learn about Modular Programming using C++.
I am developing a C++ application that I want to deploy under the FSF
paradigm and under the GNU licence. However, the application will be
introduced in the form of Modules, thus the question, is there an URL
where I can find information about building C++ using modules?

Thanks in advance
From: Ian Collins on
ArbolOne wrote:
> Hello kids!
> I am ondering if someone here knows of a place on the Internet where I
> can learn about Modular Programming using C++.
> I am developing a C++ application that I want to deploy under the FSF
> paradigm and under the GNU licence. However, the application will be
> introduced in the form of Modules, thus the question, is there an URL
> where I can find information about building C++ using modules?

That is probably more of a platform question than a language one. The
concept of a module, and how to build and use one, varies from platform
to platform.

--
Ian Collins
From: Jonathan Campbell on
ArbolOne wrote:
> Hello kids!
> I am ondering if someone here knows of a place on the Internet where I
> can learn about Modular Programming using C++.
> I am developing a C++ application that I want to deploy under the FSF
> paradigm and under the GNU licence. However, the application will be
> introduced in the form of Modules, thus the question, is there an URL
> where I can find information about building C++ using modules?

I don't think there is any one fixed meaning of the term "Modular
Programming".

Of course, if you were using Modula-2, then "Module" might have a
specific meaning --- it is a specific construct in the language.

IMHO, "Modular Programming" depends on the bases / criteria you use to
modularise (decompose ?) your design / implementation.

If you chose to modularise according to 'Structured Programming' then
your modules would be functions / procedures arrived at in a particular
manner. In C or in C++ you would probably have one or more header files
(.h) containing function prototypes / declarations together with
accompanying .c / .cpp files containing the definitions / bodies.

An obvious modularisation basis for C++ is to base the modules on
classes. These classes could define objects and maybe the modularisation
basis would be data abstraction, i.e. the classes define abstract data
types.

Or, you could employ functional decomposition and design the classes to
export static functions.

I doubt if you will find anything more useful or specific on the web.

Best regards,

Jon C.

--
Jonathan Campbell www.jgcampbell.com BT48, UK.
From: ArbolOne on
Humm, sorry, I don't think I explained myself correctly, by Modular
Programming I meant to say components or add-ons. Just like Firefox
has some add-ons, I would like to first release my application with
certain features and then, later on, work on add-ons, to better my
applications.
Sorry folks for not explaining myself correctly :(
From: Rui Maciel on
ArbolOne wrote:

> Hello kids!
> I am ondering if someone here knows of a place on the Internet where I
> can learn about Modular Programming using C++.
> I am developing a C++ application that I want to deploy under the FSF
> paradigm and under the GNU licence. However, the application will be
> introduced in the form of Modules, thus the question, is there an URL
> where I can find information about building C++ using modules?
>

> Thanks in advance

What do you mean by "modules"? Are you referring to shared libraries?

Rui Maciel