From: Allamarein on

> Metcalf, Reid and Cohen is, in my opinion, about the best into text
> book out there. However rather than Chapman I would get  "The Fortran
> 2003 Handbook: The Complete Syntax, Features and Procedures"
> by Jeanne C. Adams, Walter S. Brainerd, Richard A. Hendrickson,
> Richard E. Maine, Jeanne T. Martin and Brian T. Smith as a reference.
> See
>
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fortran-2003-Handbook-Complete-Procedures/dp/...
>

> Ian

Metcalf's book is very exhausistive, but it is not rich in examples.
I don't know if "The Fortran 2003 Handbook" is similar to Metcalf. I
am looking for a resource providing more examples that Metcalf
proposes.
I'd need a book for an engineer and not for an expert programer, as it
weere.
Anyway I am getting this resource and I comb through it closely.
From: viper-2 on
On Jun 29, 8:48 am, Allamarein <matteo.diplom...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Metcalf's book is very exhausistive, but it is not rich in examples.
> I don't know if "The Fortran 2003 Handbook" is similar to Metcalf. I
> am looking for a resource providing more examples that Metcalf
> proposes.

If you search for threads in which the Fortran 2003 handbook is
discussed, you will see that the examples illustrated are a feature of
the handbook that is highly regarded by members of this group. There
are also threads that compare MR&C with the Handbook:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.fortran/msg/c02a968b64710f4a

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.fortran/browse_thread/thread/66545f0c5265a8f8

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.fortran/msg/68b891a766d18352

agt