From: Paul T. on
I have OpenSuse 11.0 installed.
After a set time the monitor goes to standby and a key pressed or movement
of the mouse must be done to bring the monitor active.
I do not want this to happen. I have look in Yast2 for power settings and
have not found anyway to change this power saving setup.
Yast2 does not have a selection for power management.
Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? What needs to be changed
to prevent this and where do you change it?

Paul T.
From: Aragorn on
On Monday 25 January 2010 16:30 in alt.os.linux, somebody identifying as
Paul T. wrote...

> I have OpenSuse 11.0 installed.
> After a set time the monitor goes to standby and a key pressed or
> movement of the mouse must be done to bring the monitor active.
> I do not want this to happen. I have look in Yast2 for power settings
> and have not found anyway to change this power saving setup.
> Yast2 does not have a selection for power management.
> Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? What needs to be
> changed to prevent this and where do you change it?

Disable DPMS ("Display Power Management System") in "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
(or whatever its location is on your system).

--
*Aragorn*
(registered GNU/Linux user #223157)
From: Whiskers on
On 2010-01-25, Paul T. <snowtime(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> I have OpenSuse 11.0 installed.
> After a set time the monitor goes to standby and a key pressed or movement
> of the mouse must be done to bring the monitor active.
> I do not want this to happen. I have look in Yast2 for power settings and
> have not found anyway to change this power saving setup.
> Yast2 does not have a selection for power management.
> Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? What needs to be changed
> to prevent this and where do you change it?
>
> Paul T.

Is there something in the BIOS settings, or on the monitor itself?

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers
From: Jasen Betts on
On 2010-01-25, Paul T. <snowtime(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> I have OpenSuse 11.0 installed.
> After a set time the monitor goes to standby and a key pressed or movement
> of the mouse must be done to bring the monitor active.

for X use

xset -dpms
xset s off

(may need to also uninstall screensavers etc)

for console it's done using

setterm -blank 0