From: "William Jordan" on
Is there a (easy and/or simple) way to get a copy of a person's inbound &
outbound mail sent to another mail user? We want to monitor a mail account.
I am pretty sure I can forward incoming mail but outbound mail I am not so
sure about.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

William

From: marknernberg on

On Dec 21, 2009, at 13:17, "William Jordan" <wjordan(a)TNINetwork.com>
wrote:

> Is there a (easy and/or simple) way to get a copy of a person's
> inbound &
> outbound mail sent to another mail user? We want to monitor a mail
> account.
> I am pretty sure I can forward incoming mail but outbound mail I am
> not so
> sure about.
>
> Thanks in advance for any and all help.
>
> William

see sender_bcc and recipient_bcc

From: Eray Aslan on
On 21.12.2009 20:17, William Jordan wrote:
> Is there a (easy and/or simple) way to get a copy of a person's inbound &
> outbound mail sent to another mail user? We want to monitor a mail account.
> I am pretty sure I can forward incoming mail but outbound mail I am not so
> sure about.

* Please do not hijack threads. Press the New button on your mail
client to compose new mail. Pressing Reply and changing the subject is
not enough.
* Check mumble_bcc_maps:
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#sender_bcc_maps
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#recipient_bcc_maps
* Make sure what you are doing is legal.

--
Eray

From: "William Jordan" on
On 21.12.2009 20:17, William Jordan wrote:
> Is there a (easy and/or simple) way to get a copy of a person's inbound &
> outbound mail sent to another mail user? We want to monitor a mail
account.
> I am pretty sure I can forward incoming mail but outbound mail I am not so
> sure about.

* Please do not hijack threads. Press the New button on your mail
client to compose new mail. Pressing Reply and changing the subject is
not enough.
* Check mumble_bcc_maps:
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#sender_bcc_maps
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#recipient_bcc_maps
* Make sure what you are doing is legal.

--
Eray

----

Thanks we got it working and yep laziness is never a good excuse. Also this
was used for legitimate purposes within a corporate environment.

Regards,
William