From: jonfroehlich on
This is a derivation of a post I made to
microsoft.public.smartphone.developer last week but didn't get a
response. Thought I would try here (sorry to those who monitor both
newsgroups).

I have successfully used the MessageInterceptor class in the
Microsoft.WindowsMobile.PocketOutlook.MessageInterception namespace but
unfortunately I do not see an equivalent framework for sniffing
_outgoing_ messages. Has anyone successfully done this? Perhaps I could
simply poll the Outbox or Sent Items folder?

Any help would be appreciated!

Jon

From: Mpoy on
Hi Jon,

I'm currently making an application that retrieves the sent SMS
messages in a PPC. I tried to research on how to do that, I found out
only two ways of doing it, the hard way and the easy way out. If you
have the benefit of time then you could write your own wrapper based
from the native c++ codes, all you need to do is to convert it and wrap
it, you'll use the documentation in the msdn for it. But its damn hard,
especially if you are working on a project based application. Then the
easy way is, if you don't want to do that, you can take a look on Peter
Foot's InTheHand API, I'm not just sure if it can also work with
SmartPhones, but for PPC it works great. There the libraries are very
much available for retriving the outbox and sent items folder. No
hassles of coding and wrapping any native unmanaged codes...

From: jonfroehlich on
Thanks Mpoy. I've used Peter Foot's InTheHand API before (only the
community edition though). From the docs it definitely looks like the
full (purchased) edition provides the functionality that I need. The
software I am working on, however, is going to be open sourced. If I
purchase this library, I would need to find a way to package it with my
open source project in such a way that it did not infringe on the
license agreement of InTheHand. I can imagine Peter would not want me
to package his commercial dlls in my open source project.

Thanks for the response... I have some native C++ code right now that
uses IMsgStore and IMAPIAdviseSink to monitor SMS text messages being
created in the drafts folder. Now I need to modify this to monitor the
Outbox and Sent Items folders as well.