From: Patrick Ben Koetter on
* Michael <pfml(a)nettrust.co.nz>:
> On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 20:48:04 Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
> > * Stan Hoeppner <stan(a)hardwarefreak.com>:
> > > Michael put forth on 6/24/2010 3:07 AM:

> > > Given the nature of your requirement, you're probably not going to find a
> > > Postfix tool or set of tools that will "notify" you when an account has
> > > been hijacked. How would software be able to determine when a user
> > > password has
> >
> > Maybe he will. The OP could install the policyd policy server (v1) and
> > impose sender restrictions von sasl authenticated senders.
>
> I will look into this thanks.
>
> Is there a reason that v1 is better then v2 for this application?

I don't know in which state v2 is in. It was supposed to become a complete
rewrite and I lost trac of how far they have come. v1 worked for me. ;)

p(a)rick

justified.

saslfinger (debugging SMTP AUTH):

From: Michael on
On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 21:51:55 Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:

> > > Maybe he will. The OP could install the policyd policy server (v1) and
> > > impose sender restrictions von sasl authenticated senders.
> >
> > I will look into this thanks.
> >
> > Is there a reason that v1 is better then v2 for this application?
>
> I don't know in which state v2 is in. It was supposed to become a complete
> rewrite and I lost trac of how far they have come. v1 worked for me. ;)

That did the trick for me and is now up and running on the client's mail
server.

Thanks Patrick :-)