From: Access Admirer Access on
I have a linked query that shows projected quantities on the first day of
each month for that month. It also does not display any other dates except
the first date such as
ReqDate Qty
1/1/2010 3250
2/1/2010 4500
3/1/2010 3875

I need to break these quantities into weekly buckets and then develop a
query that provides a rolling 13 week average query. I can create the query
to perform the 13 week rolling average, but I can't seem to create a query to
break the quantities into the weekly bucks from the monthly. Any Ideas?
From: Jeff Boyce on
?You're trying to compute a 13-week rolling average of projected amounts? I
thought rolling averages were usually reserved for actual amounts, not
projections...

How do you want to handle months that don't have an exact whole number of
weeks (i.e., every month except February, except in leap years)?!

You'll need to provide a bit more definition of how you want to handle the
partial week issue before we have enough information to offer suggestions on
"how"...

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP