From: TimK on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message

> So I finally got around to making the run of CAT6 between my studio and
> bedroom, so that it no longer is on Wireless N. I had been using one of
> those cheep Kworld USB HDTV tuners on the computer in my bedroom for
> HiDef,
> and using Beyond TV over Wireless N for all other TV. It was a bit
> cumbersome having two different softwares to fire up. One for HD and one
> for SD. Anyway, I've now got that machine hard wired to my network, and
> can
> stream both SD and HD using only Beyond TV, and I got rid of two USB
> things
> on that machine. The Wireless N adapter, and USB HDTV tuner, which can
> now
> be used elsewhere.

Remember when we were kids and thought walkie-talkies were as cool as
anything could be...

From: Bob Donald on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message

> So I finally got around to making the run of CAT6 between my studio and
> bedroom, so that it no longer is on Wireless N. I had been using one of
> those cheep Kworld USB HDTV tuners on the computer in my bedroom for
> HiDef,
> and using Beyond TV over Wireless N for all other TV. It was a bit
> cumbersome having two different softwares to fire up. One for HD and one
> for SD. Anyway, I've now got that machine hard wired to my network, and
> can
> stream both SD and HD using only Beyond TV, and I got rid of two USB
> things
> on that machine. The Wireless N adapter, and USB HDTV tuner, which can
> now
> be used elsewhere.

If your viewing habits are anything like mine, just in time to NOT need to
record anything :) All the good shows ended for the season!! That's cool
though, you can add it to the BTV box, cant have too many tuners on that
thing.