From: Tony Johansson on
Hi!

If I want to have 5 application domain and in each one have the assembly
test1.exe and test2.exe be executing.
the only way to do this is to have 5*2 = 10 threads be running. This must be
correct ?

Now to one more question when you run two assemblies test1.exe and
test2.exe in th esame application domain these two might interfere with each
other resources because they might share some resources. So here we might
have to use some kind of synchronization to shared resources. This must also
be correct ?.

You don't have to worry about synchronization when you run exe file in two
different application domain because these are isolated from each other.

Give me a comment about this !

//Tony

From: Arne Vajhøj on
On 17-05-2010 07:32, Tony Johansson wrote:
> If I want to have 5 application domain and in each one have the assembly
> test1.exe and test2.exe be executing.
> the only way to do this is to have 5*2 = 10 threads be running. This must be
> correct ?

No.

Threads and app domains are orthogonal.

> Now to one more question when you run two assemblies test1.exe and
> test2.exe in th esame application domain these two might interfere with each
> other resources because they might share some resources. So here we might
> have to use some kind of synchronization to shared resources. This must also
> be correct ?.

Because each app domain will have its own copy of the resource, then
there are less reason for synchronization.

But the same could have been accomplished just by having two
instances in the same app domain.

> You don't have to worry about synchronization when you run exe file in two
> different application domain because these are isolated from each other.

I think you can still need synchronization semaphore style with
multiple app domains.

Arne