From: Sylvia M on
XP, SP3
I have a Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000.
Yesterday, the right-click stopped working
..
When I hit on my Mouse in Control Panel, I get a window saying:
Top Bar: "Microsoft Intellipoint"
Body: "i" talk balloon, Some mouse settings might not work until you
connect a Microsoft mouse to a USB port on your computer or a set up a
Microsoft mouse that uses Bluetooth technology.

Well, as I said above, I Do have a Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000!

I hit O.K. (what else could I do?) and was allowed to view Mouse
Properties.

I went to mouse properties and configured Right button as 'Right-click
(default)',
but it makes no difference.

I've never encountered this warning before, and it seems that MS is
trying for me to replace my MS mouse.

My question is did this happen because of a recent MS update(automatic
nightly check)?
or
Is my mouse the problem?
Given that mice are not that expensive, I wouldn't mind the replacing
(not with Bluetooth),
but what's to say the newer one would work?

TIA for all advice!

Sylvia M.

From: SC Tom on

"Sylvia M" <nsmol(a)dslextreme.com> wrote in message
> XP, SP3
> I have a Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000.
> Yesterday, the right-click stopped working
> .
> When I hit on my Mouse in Control Panel, I get a window saying:
> Top Bar: "Microsoft Intellipoint"
> Body: "i" talk balloon, Some mouse settings might not work until you
> connect a Microsoft mouse to a USB port on your computer or a set up a
> Microsoft mouse that uses Bluetooth technology.
>
> Well, as I said above, I Do have a Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000!
>
> I hit O.K. (what else could I do?) and was allowed to view Mouse
> Properties.
>
> I went to mouse properties and configured Right button as 'Right-click
> (default)',
> but it makes no difference.
>
> I've never encountered this warning before, and it seems that MS is trying
> for me to replace my MS mouse.
>
> My question is did this happen because of a recent MS update(automatic
> nightly check)?
> or
> Is my mouse the problem?
> Given that mice are not that expensive, I wouldn't mind the replacing (not
> with Bluetooth),
> but what's to say the newer one would work?
>
> TIA for all advice!
>
> Sylvia M.

In IntelliPoint, on the first page, is your mouse selected in the "Connected
device" box? If it is and you're still not having any luck, pick another
wired mouse, click Apply, then pick your mouse again and click Apply. Have
you got the latest version of IntelliPoint? Have you tried a different USB
port?
--
SC Tom