From: Shea on
I first experienced this issue with Outlook 2007 with SP2 this morning
and quickly found this topic. I'm using Windows XP Professional x64
Edition with Service Pack 2 installed. Microsoft Update shows no
updates for my Office software except for the Office Live add-in 1.4.

Turning the reading off does not affect the behavior in my case.
Also, unlike JJ the "Proofing" and "Advanced" options, or any others
that I can tell, are not disabled. The behavior is limited to Outlook
and is the same as described by JJ; I can't use the mouse to navigate
in a message reply or to select text in the Reading Pane or the
message window of a reply.

Shea

PS-I noticed this message thread in a couple of other forums listed
below. Is there a more correct place to reply or will the message get
propagated to the other forums?
http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/outlook-functions/95668-mouse-stops-working-outlook-2007-i-am-sick-2.html
http://office-outlook.com/outlook-forum/index.php/m/527657/

From: David D. Kilburn on
I had the same issue with O97 in XP, deleted the email template in C:
\Documents and Settings\..user...\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates
which seems to have solved the problem.
David