From: Per Jessen on
Selecting objects before manipulating them should not be the issue...
Using Select is just slowing down things.

Maybe a typo in an object reference ?

To help you further, let me know which line is highlighted when you
click Debug. Or you can mail me a sample workbook if you want me to
have a look at it.

//Per

From: Copacetic on
On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 06:01:57 -0700 (PDT), Per Jessen
<perjessen69(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>Selecting objects before manipulating them should not be the issue...
>Using Select is just slowing down things.
>
>Maybe a typo in an object reference ?
>
>To help you further, let me know which line is highlighted when you
>click Debug. Or you can mail me a sample workbook if you want me to
>have a look at it.

If you are high bandwidth, there is one stripped, and one with some
image files... The rest is the same. It has hard codings to the root of
the C: drive.

The DVD logos are "buttons" for bringing up the DVD cover art.

The actor button, and the "main lookup" button should be obvious (the
"Actors" banner, and simply pressing enter after entering the movie
number from the "listing" sheet. The Actors and director will not look
up until the retrieval macros grab the files. Then they should work as
well. The issue however is with the conversion code, and the previously
discussed and worked on sub (bookmorpher).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gkqiymyouuy/DVD_DB_Small.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/file/n0z1mzvlzhy/DVD_DB_Big.rar
From: Per Jessen on
Good you let me see your file, else I couldn't find the error....

While testing you code I got a 'Subscript out of range error'...

The issue is that you have all your macros in 'ThisWorkbook' module,
where sheet references are seen as references to sheets in
'ThisWorkbook'.
The code sheet for ThisWorkbook should only contain event macros
related to ThisWorkbook.

You macros should be in a general module (Insert > Module).

I just inserted my macro into a general module (Module1), and assigned
the button on the Master Pane sheet to call this macro, and it worked
as expected!

Best regards,
Per

From: Copacetic on
Thankx, Per, I'll have a look at it segregated that way.

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 00:10:04 -0700 (PDT), Per Jessen