From: Paul Furman on
David J Taylor wrote:
> "Paul Furman" wrote
>> David J Taylor wrote:
>>> Paul Furman wrote

>>> See the links just below the three images - the animations ate at:
>>
>> Ah, OK after all three... They should have taken more frames to smooth
>> it out but still awesome time lapse, thanks.
>
> Yes, I would have liked more frames as well. Perhaps they're worried
> about server bandwidth! <G> I wonder whether they used an auto-timer.
> Does the D3S have that?

Yes I'm sure it has a timer, D200 & D700 do though it only goes to 999
frames, that's 30 seconds at 30fps. The NASA time lapse is more like
5fps though.
From: John Navas on
On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 01:17:37 -0500, in
<4C317901.D2749211(a)concentric.net>, John Turco <jtur(a)concentric.net>
wrote:

>David J Taylor wrote:
>>
>> "Paul Furman" <paul-@-edgehill.net> wrote in message

>> > I don't see any video?
>>
>> See the links just below the three images - the animations ate at:
>>
>> http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/EarthObservatory/SunrisetoSunsetaboardtheSpaceStation_files/STS131_orbit_H264_sm.mov
>>
>> http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/EarthObservatory/SunrisetoSunsetaboardtheSpaceStation_files/STS131_orbit_H264_lrg.mov

>NASA must have an excellent cafeteria, if even >animations< want to
>eat there! Perhaps, "Marvin the Martian" rocketed over, for a snack?

With $20000 toilet seats*, why would you expect anything less?!

* Yes, I know that's a myth. ;)

--
John

"We have met the enemy and he is us" -Pogo
From: David J Taylor on
> NASA must have an excellent cafeteria, if even >animations< want to
> eat there! Perhaps, "Marvin the Martian" rocketed over, for a snack?
>
> --
> Cordially,
> John Turco <jtur(a)concentric.net>

s/t/r/
From: David J Taylor on
"John Turco" <jtur(a)concentric.net> wrote in message
[]
> Please, don't be so enigmatic! What does "s/t/r/" stand for?
>
> --
> Cordially,

I thought you would remember command-line editors - it stands for "swap"
"t" for "r", i.e. ate => are

Cheers,
David

From: Wolfgang Weisselberg on
David J Taylor <david-taylor(a)blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
> "John Turco" <jtur(a)concentric.net> wrote in message

>> Please, don't be so enigmatic! What does "s/t/r/" stand for?

> I thought you would remember command-line editors - it stands for "swap"
> "t" for "r", i.e. ate => are

s/swap/substitute/

swap would imply are => ate as well.

-Wolfgang