From: Daave on
Don Phillipson wrote:
> "(PeteCresswell)" <x(a)y.Invalid> wrote in message
>
>> With teenagers banging on a box couple hours a day, re-imaging
>> has become something I'm totally comfortable with and I'll do it
>> the moment the sys even *seems* flaky. Takes all of 30 minutes
>> and any problems go away.... and if there weren't actually any
>> problems, that's OK too....
>
> Rather than backing up only "the moment the sys even *seems* flaky,"
> it may be wiser to back up all (or clone) when the system seems rock-
> solid stable and thereafter at appropriate intervals, e.g. once a
> week.

True.

Hopefully, OP meant he would *restore* the image the moment the system
seems the slightest bit off. Images need to be current!

From: SC Tom on

"Don Phillipson" <e925(a)SPAMBLOCK.ncf.ca> wrote in message
> "(PeteCresswell)" <x(a)y.Invalid> wrote in message
>
>> With teenagers banging on a box couple hours a day, re-imaging
>> has become something I'm totally comfortable with and I'll do it
>> the moment the sys even *seems* flaky. Takes all of 30 minutes
>> and any problems go away.... and if there weren't actually any
>> problems, that's OK too....
>
> Rather than backing up only "the moment the sys even *seems* flaky,"
> it may be wiser to back up all (or clone) when the system seems rock-
> solid stable and thereafter at appropriate intervals, e.g. once a week.
>
> --
> Don Phillipson
> Carlsbad Springs
> (Ottawa, Canada)

I think he's saying that as soon as the system *seems* flaky, he restores it
from a previous image before it totally goes down the crapper. Or that's
what I got from "re-imaging."
--
SC Tom

From: SC Tom on

"SC Tom" <sc(a)tom.net> wrote in message

> "Don Phillipson" <e925(a)SPAMBLOCK.ncf.ca> wrote in message
>> "(PeteCresswell)" <x(a)y.Invalid> wrote in message
>>
>>> With teenagers banging on a box couple hours a day, re-imaging
>>> has become something I'm totally comfortable with and I'll do it
>>> the moment the sys even *seems* flaky. Takes all of 30 minutes
>>> and any problems go away.... and if there weren't actually any
>>> problems, that's OK too....
>>
>> Rather than backing up only "the moment the sys even *seems* flaky,"
>> it may be wiser to back up all (or clone) when the system seems rock-
>> solid stable and thereafter at appropriate intervals, e.g. once a week.
>>
>> --
>> Don Phillipson
>> Carlsbad Springs
>> (Ottawa, Canada)
>>

> I think he's saying that as soon as the system *seems* flaky, he restores
> it from a previous image before it totally goes down the crapper. Or
> that's what I got from "re-imaging."
> --
> SC Tom

God, I love Charter!!

From: Daave on
SC Tom wrote:
> "Don Phillipson" <e925(a)SPAMBLOCK.ncf.ca> wrote in message
>> "(PeteCresswell)" <x(a)y.Invalid> wrote in message
>>
>>> With teenagers banging on a box couple hours a day, re-imaging
>>> has become something I'm totally comfortable with and I'll do it
>>> the moment the sys even *seems* flaky. Takes all of 30 minutes
>>> and any problems go away.... and if there weren't actually any
>>> problems, that's OK too....
>>
>> Rather than backing up only "the moment the sys even *seems* flaky,"
>> it may be wiser to back up all (or clone) when the system seems rock-
>> solid stable and thereafter at appropriate intervals, e.g. once a
>> week. --
>> Don Phillipson
>> Carlsbad Springs
>> (Ottawa, Canada)
>>

> I think he's saying that as soon as the system *seems* flaky, he
> restores it from a previous image before it totally goes down the
> crapper. Or that's what I got from "re-imaging."

If you ask me, Tom, something might be flaky on your end. ;-)

From: SC Tom on

"Daave" <daave(a)example.com> wrote in message
> SC Tom wrote:
>> "Don Phillipson" <e925(a)SPAMBLOCK.ncf.ca> wrote in message
>>> "(PeteCresswell)" <x(a)y.Invalid> wrote in message

>>> Rather than backing up only "the moment the sys even *seems* flaky,"
>>> it may be wiser to back up all (or clone) when the system seems rock-
>>> solid stable and thereafter at appropriate intervals, e.g. once a
>>> week. --
>>> Don Phillipson
>>> Carlsbad Springs
>>> (Ottawa, Canada)
>>>

>> I think he's saying that as soon as the system *seems* flaky, he
>> restores it from a previous image before it totally goes down the
>> crapper. Or that's what I got from "re-imaging."
>
> If you ask me, Tom, something might be flaky on your end. ;-)

Yeah, it's an unfixable virus called Charter Communications :-)

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: hyperlinks and codes showing
Next: XP Upgrade