From: KenP on
Can I run XP Pro upgrade on Windows 2000 or do I need to do a fresh XP Pro
install?

Thanks.

KenP
From: Jason S on
KenP <KenP(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Can I run XP Pro upgrade on Windows 2000 or do I need to do a fresh XP
> Pro
> install?
>
> Thanks.
>
> KenP

If I'm not mistaken, it should work just fine upgrading from win2000.

--
Jason
From: LVTravel on

"KenP" <KenP(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I run XP Pro upgrade on Windows 2000 or do I need to do a fresh XP Pro
> install?
>
> Thanks.
>
> KenP

Win 2000 Pro to XP Pro is an approved upgrade path. It should upgrade
without too much trouble just ensure that the computer has XP drivers for
all of the installed devices and that you download and install them after
the upgrade. If the upgrade fails for any reason then you can do a clean
install and use the 2000 Pro disk as the qualifier.