From: iamjbunni on
I have a spreadsheet with a summary page and several worksheets following.
My formula calculates from a column of data that is updating with new
information each week. How can I set up a formula to automatically select
the cell below with the new data?

From: Gord Dibben on
Same answer I posted two days ago when you asked same question.

"cell below" what?

Where is the formula and what is the range it averages?

If you place =AVERAGE(A:A) into B1 then as you add data to column A your
formula in B1 will pick up the new data.

Or place this formula in A2 and insert a row above for each new piece of
data.

=AVERAGE(A1:INDEX(A:A,ROW()-1))

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: Ashish Mathur on
Hi,

If you want to include every new row in the average formula, then you may
convert the range to a List/Table (Ctrl+T). Select the entire range
(including the header row) and press Ctrl+T. When you convert a range to a
Table, it auto expands in every formula in which the range ie being used in
the workbook

--
Regards,

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP

"iamjbunni" <iamjbunni(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a formula that calculates averages each week. I need a formula
> that
> automatically uses the cell below when new data is entered.

Pages: 1
Prev: Vlookup problem
Next: Counting formula