From: Buckeye Tech on
I am not able to move certain mailboxes to our new exchange 2010 server. I
get the error message:

Error:
Active Directory operation failed on {Domain Controller Name}. This error is
not retriable. Additional information: Insufficient access rights to perform
the operation.
Active directory response: 00002098: SecErr: DSID-03150E8A, problem 4003
(INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0

The user has insufficient access rights.

I even tried using the main Domain Admin account and it still will not move
the box. I have to go in manually and cancel the request. I have receiced
this error message on 2 of the 10 boxes I wanted to move over for testing.
Other mailboxes have moved just fine.

Where should I begin troubleshooting this problem?

Thanks.
From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
A domain administrator does not necessarily have Exchange rights. Is the
account you're using in the Exchange Organization Administrators group?
From what version of Exchange are you moving, and does the account have
rights there as well?
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: Buckeye Tech on
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the account I am using is in the Exchange Organization Administrators
group. I am moving mailboxes from an Exchange 2007 sp2 mailserver to the new
Exchange 2010. I can move mailboxes between databases on the Exchange 2007
box and mailboxes to another Exchange 2007 sp2 box no problems with this
account.

From: Gary Fletcher on
For me it was AD permissions. Go to AD and find the mailbox in question.
Properties > Security > Advanced. Check the box to allow inheritable
permissions from parent. Let AD replication. Problem solved.

From: Edgar on
On Nov 18, 4:23 pm, Buckeye Tech
<BuckeyeT...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Yes, the account I am using is in the Exchange Organization Administrators
> group. I am moving mailboxes from an Exchange 2007 sp2 mailserver to the new
> Exchange 2010. I can move mailboxes between databases on the Exchange 2007
> box and mailboxes to another Exchange 2007 sp2 box no problems with this
> account.
>
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
> > A domain administrator does not necessarily have Exchange rights.  Is the
> > account you're using in the Exchange Organization Administrators group?
> > From what version of Exchange are you moving, and does the account have
> > rights there as well?
> > --
> > Ed Crowley MVP
> > "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
> > ..
>
> > "Buckeye Tech" <BuckeyeT...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I am not able to move certain mailboxes to our new exchange 2010  server. I
> > > get the error message:
>
> > > Error:
> > > Active Directory operation failed on {Domain Controller Name}. This error
> > > is
> > > not retriable. Additional information: Insufficient access rights to
> > > perform
> > > the operation.
> > > Active directory response: 00002098: SecErr: DSID-03150E8A, problem 4003
> > > (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0
>
> > > The user has insufficient access rights.
>
> > > I even tried using the main Domain Admin account and it still will not
> > > move
> > > the box. I have to go in manually and cancel the request. I have receiced
> > > this error message on 2 of the 10 boxes I wanted to move over for testing.
> > > Other mailboxes have moved just fine.
>
> > > Where should I begin troubleshooting this problem?
>
> > > Thanks.
>
> > .

Helo, I am having the same problem, did you find any solution?