From: jam772 on
Hi, in the near future we will be implementing a test environment for our
SSIS packages. We would like to be able to minimize the amount of code
changes that take place when doing the move from test to production. Is
there any funtionality within SSIS 2005 to search and replace the server name
and database for an entire package?

Or is there a way to parameterize the server name and database so that we
just only change the value of the parameter?
--
Thanks!

- Jim
From: John Bell on
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 14:11:16 -0700, jam772
<jam772(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi, in the near future we will be implementing a test environment for our
>SSIS packages. We would like to be able to minimize the amount of code
>changes that take place when doing the move from test to production. Is
>there any funtionality within SSIS 2005 to search and replace the server name
>and database for an entire package?
>
>Or is there a way to parameterize the server name and database so that we
>just only change the value of the parameter?

Hi

There are various ways and things to help you do this such as using
package variables, inheriting variables from the parent package etc.

But I think the most adaptable way is to have an XML Configuration
File see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms137900.aspx for
more about deployment.

John