From: sramanon on
Please would you be willing to help me [a raw beginner] to retrieve email
folders, the emails in the folders, accounts, rules etc from harddrive with
Outlook 2003 and Windows XP, and move them successfully to new laptop with
Outlook 2007 [Windows 7].

So far I have
1. searched for all pst files on old harddrive and copied all of them to
memory stick using another XP laptop. Could not successfully do with the new
laptop due to "access" issues.
2. imported pst files to outlook 2007--contacts folders arrived, calendar
arrived, some of inbox, some of deleted, some of sent [including 2 custom
subfolders] but none of the many custom email folders I need to retrieve, nor
the accounts, rules etc.
3. read threads in this forum and then copied the pst files directly to
appropriate outlook folder with same success as above. Same items missing.

please help!
SR
From: DL on
With outlook closed, copy all pst's to media, from media to Documents folder
on new PC
On new PC configure a new Outlook Profile, add your accounts, add a data
file by browsing to the data files in Documents and select the largest,
possibly named outlook.pst
Start outlook & check
(Import/Export loses data & settings)