From: "Bruce Martin" on
Dear Paul:

This is Bruce Martin in the vicinity of Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Having read your announcement of the migration, does this mean I need to set
myself up with a different NNTP server?

If, so do you have (could you announce) the new NNTP URL, please?

Lest we become lost in "Nabble Babble"!) (Guffaw!)

Many thanks,

Bruce M.

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Paul on
Dear Paul:

> This is Bruce Martin in the vicinity of Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
>
> Having read your announcement of the migration, does this mean I need to
> set
> myself up with a different NNTP server?
>
> If, so do you have (could you announce) the new NNTP URL, please?

I've no idea on how nabble works (never used it). Do you currently access
Nabble through NNTP?

A quick search indicates that it may not be possible moving forward (
http://n2.nabble.com/Accessing-via-NNTP-tc2292997.html)

/paul

--

Stephen Leacock<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/s/stephen_leacock.html>
- "I detest life-insurance agents: they always argue that I shall some
From: Larry Gusaas on
On 2010/02/14 2:41 PM Paul wrote:
> Dear Paul:
>
>> This is Bruce Martin in the vicinity of Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
>>
>> Having read your announcement of the migration, does this mean I need to
>> set
>> myself up with a different NNTP server?
>>
>> If, so do you have (could you announce) the new NNTP URL, please?
>>

> I've no idea on how nabble works (never used it). Do you currently access
> Nabble through NNTP?

Nabble has nothing to do with NNTP. It carries many mailing list to view
online and to post to through their interface online

Many OO.o lists are also carried on Gmane for NNTP access. The two have
no relation to each other.

> A quick search indicates that it may not be possible moving forward (
> http://n2.nabble.com/Accessing-via-NNTP-tc2292997.html)

That post is about accessing a specific mail list that nabble carrries,
not about accessing nabble itself.

--
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org