From: Artreid on
Has anyone tried this posted at the following link? If so, if it does not
work or you don't like it, can you get back:
http://forums.techarena.in/customize-desktop/1119228.htm

Restore classical Taskbar in Windows 7

1. Right-click on a blank area of the taskbar and, remove the checkmark
from the item "Lock the taskbar; if there is"

2. Right-click on a blank area of the taskbar and select "Properties" from
the context menu

3. Put the checkmark next to "use small icons"

4. Select "Never combine" from the drop-down menu located near the "Taskbar
buttons" and click OK

5. Right-click on each icon on the taskbar and select "Unpin this program
from taskbar" from the context menu

6. Right-click an empty space on the taskbar and select "Toolbars -> New
Toolbar from the contextual menu

7. Go to the %SystemDrive%\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Mic
rosoft\Internet Explorer\

8. Highlight the "Quick Launch" and click the button "Select Folder"

9. Right-click on the Quick Launch bar and remove the check mark from the
items "Show Title" and "Show Text"

10. Drag the Quick Launch bar on the left of the taskbar, next to the
button start

11. Right-click an empty space on the taskbar and if you wish, put the
checkmark in the "Lock the taskbar".

That's it, now you got back to the classic taskbar of Microsoft systems.

From: XS11E on
"Artreid" <artreid44(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone tried this posted at the following link? If so, if it
> does not work or you don't like it, can you get back:
> http://forums.techarena.in/customize-desktop/1119228.htm
>
> Restore classical Taskbar in Windows 7

Waste of time, just download Classic Shell.

http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/

The Usenet Improvement Project:
From: Jeff Layman on
"XS11E" <xs11eNO(a)SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Artreid" <artreid44(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Has anyone tried this posted at the following link? If so, if it
>> does not work or you don't like it, can you get back:
>> http://forums.techarena.in/customize-desktop/1119228.htm
>>
>> Restore classical Taskbar in Windows 7
>

> Waste of time, just download Classic Shell.
>
> http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/

Does Classic Shell include a Quick Launch toolbar, or are you saying a Q-L
toolbar isn't necessary if you install Classic Shell?

--

Jeff

From: XS11E on
"Jeff Layman" <jmlayman(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:

> "XS11E" <xs11eNO(a)SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
>> "Artreid" <artreid44(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone tried this posted at the following link? If so, if it
>>> does not work or you don't like it, can you get back:
>>> http://forums.techarena.in/customize-desktop/1119228.htm
>>>
>>> Restore classical Taskbar in Windows 7
>>

>> Waste of time, just download Classic Shell.
>>
>> http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/
>>

> Does Classic Shell include a Quick Launch toolbar,

Yes.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
From: Jeff Layman on

> "Jeff Layman" <jmlayman(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> "XS11E" <xs11eNO(a)SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> Waste of time, just download Classic Shell.
>>>
>>> http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/
>>>

>> Does Classic Shell include a Quick Launch toolbar,
>
> Yes.

Where does this info appear in the classicshell.sourceforge.net pages? I
already have a Q-L toolbar with desktop shortcut next to "Start" (using the
long-winded process) and use ClassicWindowsStartMenu (there was no Classic
Shell RC available at the time - just betas). If there is a simpler option
I'll take it if there are problems with what I already have

--

Jeff

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2