From: RSH on
Hi,

I am trying to execute a simple statemnt that I got right out of books
online and I keep getting this error and I cant figure out what Im doing
wrong:

ALTER DATABASE [00057088]

SET SINGLE_USER

WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE

Msg 226, Level 16, State 6, Line 4

ALTER DATABASE statement not allowed within multi-statement transaction.

Thanks!

Ron

From: RSH on
I just noticed something odd...this command works on our Test Server but not
on our production server. The production server is a 64 bit SQL Server 2005
instance while the test is a 32 bit SQL Server 2005 instance.

From: RSH on
Or is it a difference in Standard vs. Enterprise?

From: Tibor Karaszi on
Perhaps someone configured the server to set implicit transactions to on. That can be done in the
client, or at the server level (sp_configure, user options).

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp