From: Brian VanDyke on
I am attempting to import the contents of an MS Excel spreadsheet into a new
table in a SQL 2005 database. However, I keep getting the following error...

Error 0xc00470fe: Data Flow Task: The product level is insufficient for
component "Source - TellerUse$" (1)

....This is not the first time I've rec'd that error. But I am not certain
what the error means. I get a similar error when attempting to import from
an Access XP database as well. As a workaround, I was able to import it into
a SQL 2000 database using DTS, then import it into SQL 2005 from there.

Any thoughts?

-Brian

From: Jack Vamvas on
1)Could you doublecheck whether SSIS is installed?
2)Is the table being created and no data going in?

--
Jack Vamvas
___________________________________

From: Brian VanDyke on
SSIS is installed. The table gets created, but the data does not get
imported.

-Brian

From: "privatenews" on
Hello Brian,

This problem could occur because one or more of the following conditions
are true:

-The Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Integration Services (SSIS) tools are
installed. However, the full SSIS runtime is not installed.
- The version of SQL Server 2005 that is installed does not support the
derived column transformations that the SSIS package contains.
- The Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Integration Services (SSIS) service is not
installed on the computer that has the SQL Server 2005 administration tools
installed.

I'm not sure the which SQL server edition you installed on the server?

To work around the problem with a package that contains a flat file
document, create an SSIS package by using the SQL Server Import and Export
Wizard. Then, run the SSIS package in SQL Server Business Intelligence
Development Studio.

To create an SSIS package by using the SQL Server Import and Export Wizard,
follow these steps:

1. On the Save and Execute Package page, clear the Execute immediately
check box.
2. Select Save SSIS Package.

To run the SSIS package in SQL Server Business Intelligence Development
Studio, follow these steps:

1. Open SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio, and then
create a new Integration Services project.
2. In Solution Explorer, right-click the SSIS Packages node, and then click
Add Existing Package.
3. In the Add Copy of Existing Package dialog box, select the package that
you created by using SQL Server Import and Export Wizard.
4. Under the SSIS Packages node, double-click the name of the SSIS package
that you just added.
5. Press CTRL+F5 to run the package.

Regards,

Peter Yang
MCSE2000/2003, MCSA, MCDBA
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------

From: Brian VanDyke on
The SSIS tools are installed on the same server as the admin tools. How do I
tell if the "full SSIS runtime" is installed? It was selected on
installation and when I just went through the install again to see if there
were any missing check boxes, I did not see any. As far as the derived
columns are concerned, these are simply files with no data type not already
known by SQL Server. I have attempted this on an Access database table, an
Excel spreadsheet, and even a DBF file without any success. The same error
about my product level continues to appear.

Thanks!

-Brian