From: "privatenews" on
Hello Brian,

Before we go further, please let me know if the workaround I mentioned work
for your situation.

I'd like to know the Windows OS edition and SQL 2005 edition? Please note
SQL Server 2005 Integration Services cannot be installed on a Windows
XP-based computer from an installation of SQL Server 2005 Enterprise
Edition. If this is the situation, you may need to install SSIS from
standard editon setup CD.

If it is not the case, please try to remove/reinstall SSIS service via
Add/Remove programs to test.

Best Regards,

Peter Yang
MCSE2000/2003, MCSA, MCDBA
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
>From: "Brian VanDyke" <brianv(a)community.nospam>
>Subject: Re: SQL2005 Import
>Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 11:03:28 -0500
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming
>
>The SSIS tools are installed on the same server as the admin tools. How do
>tell if the "full SSIS runtime" is installed? It was selected on
>installation and when I just went through the install again to see if
there
>were any missing check boxes, I did not see any. As far as the derived
>columns are concerned, these are simply files with no data type not
already
>known by SQL Server. I have attempted this on an Access database table, an
>Excel spreadsheet, and even a DBF file without any success. The same error
>about my product level continues to appear.
>
>Thanks!
>
>-Brian
>
>""privatenews"" <petery(a)online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hello Brian,
>>
>> This problem could occur because one or more of the following conditions
>> are true:
>>
>> -The Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Integration Services (SSIS) tools are
>> installed. However, the full SSIS runtime is not installed.
>> - The version of SQL Server 2005 that is installed does not support the
>> derived column transformations that the SSIS package contains.
>> - The Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Integration Services (SSIS) service is
not
>> installed on the computer that has the SQL Server 2005 administration
>> tools
>> installed.
>>
>> I'm not sure the which SQL server edition you installed on the server?
>>
>> To work around the problem with a package that contains a flat file
>> document, create an SSIS package by using the SQL Server Import and
Export