From: Terry Cano on
This morning when while selecting files for back the power went out.
It came back on in 20 mins or so. I rebooted backed up the files
now Access says something about file is more than 256 characters...also
Excel and Word won't let me save...says I don't have permission...change
permissions and still doesn't work.
My questions
1. what is the best way to BU Access db
2. what could I have done
From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
Depends upon your version. Some later versions have a built-in backup
capability. I use external hard drives to back up all my files. mot just
Access.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Terry Cano" <TerryCano(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This morning when while selecting files for back the power went out.
> It came back on in 20 mins or so. I rebooted backed up the files
> now Access says something about file is more than 256 characters...also
> Excel and Word won't let me save...says I don't have permission...change
> permissions and still doesn't work.
> My questions
> 1. what is the best way to BU Access db
> 2. what could I have done