From: Jessica on
I have three seperate databases - all do a differnt function using a seperate
database that holds all the data in tables (i.e. one uses queries to export,
one to import, one for reporting only) - and I want to keep all of the
databases seperate. Can I create another database that just has a form that
works as a dashboard and connect to the other three to do functions.

Essentially, I want to be able to select an option to open reports, import
data, or export data and do it without opening the other databases seperatly
(a function that each database will perform on it's own when selected)
--
Jessica
From: Gina Whipp on
Jessica,

Actually, why not have one front end? Why did you create separate front
ends to do different tasks?

I would create one front end (or dashboard) and let all the Users use it.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

From: Jessica on
I am a little unsure of what you mean by "one front end". One of the reasons
we are keeping the databases seperate is because each database has a large
amount of queries to complete all of the functinos we are wanting to do with
the data. Having all of these functions is a lot to put into one database
(way to many queries), and will get very confusing. I am pretty Access savy
and if I can create a dashboard that runs functions in others, I am sure that
I can do it. I was just hoping to get a 'yeah' or 'nay' as to wether it can
be done before I put a lot of time and research into it.
--
Jessica

From: Gina Whipp on
Jessica,

Well, even though you were unsure you answered my inquiry... though I have
some pretty *query heavy* databases I can see why you might want them
separate. To answer your question, yes you can create a *dashboard* that
links to all to give you one central location. However, in essence you are
creating one front end that accesses all the databases.