From: tegco on
Hi,
I have Essentails on my pc and it works fine at catching things.
However it keeps on swithing it self off and saying i'm not protected.

I have to reopen it and click a few buttons for it to come back on.

I dont aways notice it being off, what can i do about it please?

I have tried to uninstall it but it will not do it, any help there too?
Kind Regards Terry

From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
"tegco" <tegco(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have Essentails on my pc and it works fine at catching things.

Are you sure of the spelling of the program's name?

> However it keeps on swithing it self off and saying i'm not protected.

Probably the first thing a malware that it doesn't catch is likely to
do - in other words, it might not be turning *itself* off but is being
turned off by a malware program that it can't see.

> I have to reopen it and click a few buttons for it to come back on.
>
> I dont aways notice it being off, what can i do about it please?
>
> I have tried to uninstall it but it will not do it, any help there
> too?
> Kind Regards Terry

Try Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (you can use the free version).

Also you can try SUPERAntiSpyware (free version)