From: LewisDUA on
I am working on this query. I want to run it, so it will show what my users
are missing in their files. But only what they are missing. What would the
criteria be in order to do that?

From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 09:56:21 -0700, LewisDUA
<LewisDUA(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am working on this query. I want to run it, so it will show what my users
>are missing in their files. But only what they are missing. What would the
>criteria be in order to do that?

You'll have to give us some more explanation. I know that one thing that's
missing from my files is a stock certificate for 20,000 shares of Microsoft,
and I'm pretty sure there's also no title deed to the Brooklyn Bridge...

What's in their files, how are the tables structured, and how can a "missing"
record be identified?

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Richard on
Under the field you want to show the "missing" data, in the criteria cell
type Is Null.

Richard

From: LewisDUA on
That would work for one piece of data. But, i have muilt data pieces.

I have Name, then lets say we also have Doc1, Doc2, and Doc3.
John is missing all three.
Tim is missing Doc2.

Do you get what i'm saying? And thanks.

From: Steve on
Yiu can only do this for one field. If you set the criteria as Null for two
or more fields, the data must be "missing" for ALL the fields you set the
criteria as Null to be returned by the query.

Steve
santus(a)penn.com