From: peter feakins on

I have the problem listed in this article:
https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/249227/multi-value-select-all-parameter-in-reporting-services?wa=wsignin1.0

When SELECT ALL is chosen in a multi-select box every item in the
multi-select box is selected and the value of the parameter is a list of
every value (in my case customer id). Since we may have several thousand
customers its not practical from a performance standpoint to pass a query
with this list in an in clause.

Does someone have an approach to dealing with this?

--
peter feakins
From: Bruce L-C [MVP] on
I assume your list is based on a query. Union the query and add the value of
All.

Select somefields from sometable where (afield in (@MyParam) or @MyParam =
'All')

--
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services

"peter feakins" <peterfeakins(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I have the problem listed in this article:
> https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/249227/multi-value-select-all-parameter-in-reporting-services?wa=wsignin1.0
>

> When SELECT ALL is chosen in a multi-select box every item in the
> multi-select box is selected and the value of the parameter is a list of
> every value (in my case customer id). Since we may have several thousand
> customers its not practical from a performance standpoint to pass a query
> with this list in an in clause.
>
> Does someone have an approach to dealing with this?
>

> --
> peter feakins

Pages: 1
Prev: chart options