From: vandersen70 on
Hi all,

Admittedly, I have not programmed anything in years and Access 2007
seems to have some differences, but I am embarrased to say I can
figure out how to create a multi-field expression in a query that will
provide the following results in a report:

Here is what I want to achieve:

Reorder Alert: If the Physical Inventory is equal to or less than the
Reorder Point then show the Reorder Amount in the report.

This is what I did based on what I read, but it doesn't work. What am
I doing wrong?

ReorderAlert: IIf ([PhysInventory] = or < [ReorderPoint]),
[ReorderAmount]

Thanks!

From: PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com on
vandersen70(a)yahoo.com wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Admittedly, I have not programmed anything in years and Access 2007
>seems to have some differences, but I am embarrased to say I can
>figure out how to create a multi-field expression in a query that will
>provide the following results in a report:
>
>Here is what I want to achieve:
>
>Reorder Alert: If the Physical Inventory is equal to or less than the
>Reorder Point then show the Reorder Amount in the report.
>
>This is what I did based on what I read, but it doesn't work. What am
>I doing wrong?
>
>ReorderAlert: IIf ([PhysInventory] = or < [ReorderPoint]),
>[ReorderAmount]
>
>Thanks!

The syntax is
IIF([PhysInventory]<=[ReorderPoint], TRUE_VALUE, FALSE_VALUE)

From: vandersen70 on
On Apr 10, 6:28 pm, "PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com" <u49887(a)uwe>
wrote:
> vanderse...(a)yahoo.com wrote:
> >Hi all,
>
> >Admittedly, I have not programmed anything in years and Access 2007
> >seems to have some differences, but I am embarrased to say I can
> >figure out how to create a multi-field expression in a query that will
> >provide the following results in a report:
>
> >Here is what I want to achieve:
>
> >Reorder Alert: If the Physical Inventory is equal to or less than the
> >Reorder Point then show the Reorder Amount in the report.
>
> >This is what I did based on what I read, but it doesn't work. What am
> >I doing wrong?
>
> >ReorderAlert: IIf ([PhysInventory] = or < [ReorderPoint]),
> >[ReorderAmount]
>
> >Thanks!
>
> The syntax is
> IIF([PhysInventory]<=[ReorderPoint], TRUE_VALUE, FALSE_VALUE)

Hi Pieter,

Thanks, put in the expression just as you noted but it is not working.
Get "Data type mismatch in criteria expression" error. Any ideas?
From: John W. Vinson on
On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 17:05:30 -0700 (PDT), vandersen70(a)yahoo.com wrote:

>> The syntax is
>> IIF([PhysInventory]<=[ReorderPoint], TRUE_VALUE, FALSE_VALUE)
>>
>> --

>Hi Pieter,
>
>Thanks, put in the expression just as you noted but it is not working.
>Get "Data type mismatch in criteria expression" error. Any ideas?

What are the datatypes of PhysInventory and ReorderPoint?

This may (probably is) a problem unrelated to the IIF syntax; could you post
the SQL view of the query?
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: vandersen70 on
On Apr 10, 7:31 pm, John W. Vinson
<jvinson(a)STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 17:05:30 -0700 (PDT), vanderse...(a)yahoo.com wrote:
> >> The syntax is
> >> IIF([PhysInventory]<=[ReorderPoint], TRUE_VALUE, FALSE_VALUE)
>
> >> --

> >Hi Pieter,
>
> >Thanks, put in the expression just as you noted but it is not working.
> >Get "Data type mismatch in criteria expression" error. Any ideas?
>
> What are the datatypes of PhysInventory and ReorderPoint?
>
> This may (probably is) a problem unrelated to the IIF syntax; could you post
> the SQL view of the query?
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

Hi John,

I checked the data types in the table thinking I may have left some
imported data as text, but these fileds are all integers. Here is the
SQL view:

SELECT Inventory.ID, Inventory.Part_No, Inventory.Description,
Inventory.Type, Inventory.Class, Inventory.Sales_Code,
Inventory.Purch_Price, Inventory.PhysInventory,
Inventory.ReorderPoint, Inventory.ReorderAmount
FROM Inventory
WHERE
(((Inventory.ReorderAmount)=IIf([PhysInventory]<=[ReorderPoint],"TRUE_VALUE","FALSE_VALUE")));