From: MikeTI on
April 12, 2010

Hi all

I have a requirement to develop an application in VB Net 2008 that should be
multilingual.

What could be the easiest way to manage the text of labels etc. based on the
language selected which could be a code passed on to the form as a
parameter.

Thanks in advance

Mike TI

From: Martin H. on
Hello Mike,

the easiest way would be the use of resource DLLs which contain the
texts. The .NET framework would then choose the proper DLL at run-time
and use it for showing the proper texts.

However, if you want to give your users the option to edit the texts,
you might like to use a text (or XML) file with the translations. The
resource DLL files do not allow the user to edit them (easily) as they
are binary files.

Best regards,

Martin

From: Herfried K. Wagner [MVP] on
Am 12.04.2010 14:50, schrieb MikeTI:
> I have a requirement to develop an application in VB Net 2008 that
> should be multilingual.

Walkthrough: Localizing Windows Forms
<URL:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/y99d1cd3(VS.80).aspx>

--